MONARCH LANDSCAPE COMPANIES
Monarch Landscape Companies is a family of successful landscape brands in five states across the central and western United States. We are a values-based learning organization committed to being the best place to work as a landscape professional. At Monarch Landscape Companies, your achievements determine your rewards, your abilities define your success, and your professionalism leads to autonomy.
The Field Trainer is responsible for educating new and existing employees on how to effectively perform their job duties using training programs created in collaboration with the Director of People Development and the Vice President of Operations. This highly visible role provides on-the-job education that assist with our next level training programs, career paths, and mandated trainings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with stakeholders to assess training needs and develop targets for staff growth
- Conducts onsite and remote trainings for field, management and professional employees throughout the company
- Ensures that all training materials and programs are compliant with laws and regulations governing the industry
- Providing guidance, coaching, and training necessary for staff to progress to next career level
- Design training and facilitate training programs including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment and resources required
- Performing hands on work with staff as needed to demonstrate new processes and execution of techniques
- Prepares hard copy training materials and presentations for employee training activities
- Develop in collaboration with Director of People Development, HRBP, and VPHR management academy training curriculum and spearhead the delivery of the training based on identified training plans.
- Monitoring processes to evaluate success of specific training programs, including tracking of required certifications
- Share company-wide best practices and train newly acquired companies on Monarch’s core training content in collaboration with the VP, Operations and Director of People Development
- Recommend improvements in work practices to increase productivity and quality; incorporating improvements in training program.
- Coaching/mentoring/partnering with management utilizing influencing techniques
- Providing coaching and guidance to management on leadership and training techniques
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of landscape industry experience and experience training or managing crew level staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field (preferred)
- Certification through the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) or Certified Professional Trainer (CPT) through the American Training and Seminar Association (ATSA) (preferred)
- Knowledge of terminology specific to the landscape industry and a compelling speaker
- Must have the ability to engage trainees in discussions during educational sessions
- Structured problem-solving approach, including proven ability to prioritize and drive multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English/Spanish)
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and manage a change program
- Experience dealing with day-to-day challenges and obstacles in the landscape industry
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Ability to deliver classroom and field training on job and company specific topics
- Knowledge and ability to apply adult learning concepts in training design and delivery
- Ability to apply process skills to facilitate learning through listening, discussion, feedback, and synthesis of content
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time to various branch locations throughout the United States
- Must be able to work odd hours as it is not always feasible to handbell all trainings during regular office hours
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with constant pivots
At Monarch, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage, and retain top talent. Elements of our Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
Monarch also provides eligible employees with an array of additional benefits, including:
- The opportunity to enroll in a variety of healthcare benefit programs, including medical, dental, and vision plan options; flexible spending accounts; retirement savings plans; term life/ad&d; and a number of supplemental insurances
- Company Provided Life/AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 3 Days Paid Bereavement
- 5 Days Paid Jury Duty
- Employee Equity Program
- Flexible Time Off Plan
- Sick Pay in accordance with applicable state or local ordinance
- On-Demand Pay Through A Partnership with DailyPay
- Referral Bonuses Programs
- Gym Membership and Mobile Carrier Discounts
- Education Assistance
- Best-in-Class Learning Management System
- Career Advancement Opportunities
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as position, tenure, geographic location, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is provided in compliance with state specific laws. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations, and therefore may be different in other locations or operating divisions.
Pay range: $80,000 – $90,000
Monarch Landscape Companies is an EEO and E-Verify participating employer.
Monarch Landscape Companies is an On Demand Daily Pay employer