Drive CB Insights’ growth as part of our Customer Success team.
The Role You’ll Play
The CB Insights Senior Customer Success Manager is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of Accounts that include the world’s leading corporate Strategy and Innovation groups along with venture capital firms. This position delicately governs customer relationships and consistently illustrates the value delivered through CB Insights’ software & services. The Senior Customer Success Manager serves as the internal voice of the customer while working with other CB Insights’ teams to exceed customer expectations. This individual’s performance is based on specific metrics associated with customer on-boarding, product adoption, expansion & retention.
About The Customer Success Team
Working on our team is unique mostly because of our amazing clients, the problems we are helping them solve, and our team’s diversity.
Every day our team speaks with the best and brightest people at Fortune 500 companies. Our clients are looking to us to help them solve interesting challenges on how some of the largest organizations in the world are adapting to emerging tech trends. Being a part of the CBI Customer Success team means being a part of that equation.
The uniqueness of the CS Team is driven by our groups diversity. You can look around and you’ll find very few people with similar backgrounds. We each bring our own story which creates a very special environment for creativity, fun, strategy, and success.
Your Main Tasks
- Actively manage a portfolio of 20-30 assigned mid-market accounts so that customers may achieve their positive business outcomes via CB Insights’ software & services. Portfolio averages $1.5M ARR.
- Drive customer software engagement & development of power users across customer organizations.
- Implement Customer Success Plans for assigned accounts.
- Collaborate with CB Insights’ business development team to expand customer relationships.
- Run the renewal process for assigned portfolio of accounts.
- Maintain communication & governance protocols across customer & CB Insights’ teams.
- Effectively solve ad-hoc customer issues as needed.
- Bring to bear predictive renewal analytics to identify customer expansion opportunities & churn risks.
- Collaborate with Marketing to demonstrate customer communication campaigns.
- Provide continuous customer feedback to CB Insights’ Product team.
- Stay current & educate customers on CB Insights’ products, competitive landscape & innovation trends.
- Embrace & contribute to Customer Success team standard methodologies.
What You Bring To The Table
- B.S. or B.A. in business management, finance, economics or similar study. MBA preferred.
- Validated results in prior role.
- At least 3 years of prior account management and/or customer success experience, preferably within enterprise software or SaaS.
- Expertise with Excel and CRMs, preferably Salesforce.
- Proficiency communicating data via Excel, Salesforce and other business intelligence tools.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
You Will Be Successful Here If You Have
- Real passion for serving customers.
- The ability to establish credibility with key customer decision makers & influencers.
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills; extraordinary listening skills.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills; formulates solutions that deliver real business value.
- Ability to recognize and maximize new business opportunities.
- Comfort with negotiation.
- Multi tasking down to a science; handling multiple accounts & assignments simultaneously.
- A commitment to exceed goals that is internal, constant & self-imposed.
Please note this is a US-based role.
Base compensation band: $81,000 (Min), $90,000 (Hiring Target), $103,500 (Max)
This role is also eligible for commission in addition to the base salary.
A little bit about our pay practices: Typically, we will hire at our Hiring Target, but actual starting pay may be based on several factors, including, but not limited to, market rate, the qualified pool of candidates, internal compensation, candidate experience, and budgetary constraints.
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
Full Time Perks
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office lunch stipend, snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.