We are currently seeking a skilled HVAC Branch Manager with experience in the light commercial HVAC and Refrigeration industry.
The HVAC Branch Manager leads technicians who install, repair, and maintain HVAC and refrigeration systems for commercial customers. This manager routinely works directly with service and install technicians, dispatch personnel and other managers to ensure customer satisfaction while meeting departmental goals and objectives. Presenting himself as a senior company representative, the Branch Manager often communicates directly with customers, vendors and suppliers to ensure accurate communication of job or project status and requirements.
- Interviews, screens, and evaluates HVAC technicians to meet workload demands.
- Schedules, directs and provides technical support for HVAC technicians to meet service demands and customer expectations.
- Reviews technicians work, techniques, and safety requirements to ensure quality meets established standards, and makes recommendations to improve quality and productivity.
- Identifies training needs of staff and facilitates delivery of a regular training program to ensure that HVAC technicians are properly trained on the latest service techniques and safety procedures for equipment and general working conditions.
- Complies with all applicable health and safety regulations, policies, and established work practices. Ensures appropriate employee safety training and compliance is completed.
- Responsible for staff performance appraisals, reviews and for setting improvement goals per company requirements.
- Responsible for working with technicians in the field and resolving customer’s and technician’s issues.
- Communicates regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled properly by skill level, efficiency, and training requirements.
- Communicates daily with dispatch reporting on project information, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours and parts or material used.
- Reviews work orders, invoices and time reports for accuracy and maintains minimal accounts receivables.
- Develops and monitors budgets, goals and objectives to insure departmental profitability.
- Maintains communication with vendors and factory personnel concerning warranty issues, product recall notices, operational problems with products, premature failures and other issues.
- Monitors assigned service vehicles to ensure they are being maintained, operated according to company policy, and that an adequate inventory of parts and material are maintained.
- 5+ years of successful and recent HVAC and Refrigeration service management experience
- Two years technical training or bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Ability to perform advanced level maintenance and service on HVAC and Refrigeration equipment
- Solid working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to learn new systems
- EPA Universal Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Ability to generate ideas and create processes to grow the service department
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to work well with management, executive leadership, support staff, and technicians
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard schedule: nights, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
Our Employment Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) Company match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
Coolsys Light Commercial Solutions LLC is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and DMV) as well as post-offer drug testing (including for marijuana) is required for all positions. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance.