- Restaurants are fun (it’s like throwing a party everyday)!
- $65,000-$75,000 annually
- Stick around for a while – we have retention incentives.
- Affordable health, dental & vision benefits*
- 100% company paid life insurance*
- Free meals – even on your days off.
- Retirement savings option.
- We create an environment where everyone with respect and dignity.
- We value honest, intentional and transparent communication.
- We listen, learn and lead with compassion.
- We encourage you to be yourself.
- Advancement opportunities available.
- Community engagement – HS plays a positive role in community.
- Slip resistant shoe program.
- Check out our Instagram!
You gotta be nice!
WHAT’S IT LIKE WORKING AT HOMESTATE//
- Work with other nice people
- Make other people happy
- Enjoy free tacos and queso
- Relish in the flexibility that the hospitality industry provides…we encourage you to pursue your passion, with us or otherwise.
WHO ARE WE//
In 2013, native Texan Briana Valdez opened HomeState, an ode to Texas cuisine in Los Angeles with the mission of evoking community and creating a home for everyone, no matter where they are from. HomeState represents the integrity, history, and culture of Briana’s roots.
HomeState aims to create a dining experience that goes beyond the food. The way our guests feel at HomeState is the true mission of our efforts. HomeState exists for everyone. The price point, casual vibe and portability of the food allows the restaurant to flex to the needs of many. HomeState is a recipient of the KCRW “Best Tortilla in Southern California” award.
No matter where you’re from, HomeState is your home away from home. A space where every person feels welcomed and valued. We serve hospitality first and tacos second. And we’re hiring nice people!
HomeState is currently hiring for the position of Assistant General Manager (AGM) for our Playa Vista location!
HomeState offers competitive compensation ($65,000-$75,000 annually depending on experience) a robust benefits package inclusive of health insurance, unlimited paid vacation, and all the HomeState you can eat!
THE FINE PRINT//
We know there’s more to an individual than can be expressed on a resumé. See below for a sneak-peak at some of the responsibilities you’d hold as a service team member.
* Fully understand and exhibit the HomeState ethos, embodying our core values and mission, and serve as an ambassador both internally and externally.
* Ensure smooth day to day operations of the designated restaurant. Foster and promote HomeState’s culture and mission while upholding service and quality standards.
* Monitor, measure, respond and correct any guest incidents with warmth and hospitality.
* Coach, guide, develop and support the team to provide exceptional guest experience.
* Address and resolve all guests issues at the restaurant level, on social media in coordination with the marketing team and through any other company communication channels, checklist or reports.
* Ensure the team leads are trained to implement an appropriate food production schedule, prep lists, order lists and inventory while maximizing effectiveness and efficiency of the team’s working schedule.
* Ensure proper ordering, receiving, storage, and rotation of products to comply with set standards.
* Uphold purchasing and receiving standards to follow protocols involving the handling of purchase orders (PO) and invoices.
* Minimize waste and maximize thorough usage of food through careful ordering, proper and well-organized storage, and use of recipes. Review the “waste/spoilage log” and document as needed.
* Ensure that safety standards and sanitary requirements are met each and every day.
* Control food cost by assisting in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling, by training kitchen, restaurant and steward employees on how to handle food items.
* Spot problems and resolve them quickly and efficiently, maintaining a level head, and delegate tasks simultaneously.
* Conduct regular inspections of the service and kitchen areas; act promptly to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
* Work with GM and team to ensure proper equipment operation and maintenance while ensuring team leads are up to date on all outstanding R&M.
ADMINISTRATIVE, CULTURE AND TEAM DEVELOPMENT
* Lead team development and succession planning. Provide ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and conducting performance reviews.
* Responsible for hiring, including interviewing, training and engaging in progressive counseling for disciplinary actions.
* Manage team environment and provide timely response to team needs, or seek the guidance to provide answers.
* Write team schedules for approval. Anticipate schedule changes based on restaurant needs and ensure all staffing levels are met while meeting budget. Manage attendance, call outs and tardiness.
* Assist with other administrative duties such as EOP and payroll in GM’s absence.
* Maintain 100% compliance with all relevant policies, EEO, labor, HR, wage and food safety laws and regulations.
* Ensure all time and labor practices meet the compliance requirements including break and rest periods.
* Manage team incentives, including but not limited to programs such as employee of the month and utilizing the employee goodwill budget.
* Take pride in your work each day to make things a little better than they were yesterday.
* Fully understand and uphold the HomeState culture, embodying our mission, visions and core values.
OPERATIONS AND SALES
* Execute strategies for increasing sales, while maintaining communication with the team.
* Manage and track voids, discounts, and any financial inconsistencies.
* Monitor food inventory and adjust pars to eliminate waste and avoid 86’ing items.
* Meet financial goals, such as but not limited to revenue, labor cost, COGS, etc.
* Be knowledgeable with troubleshooting restaurant equipment issues to avoid the use of external technicians when necessary.
* Comply and enforce DOH regulations and HomeState GMP sanitation standards when performing cleaning tasks, preparing food, and serving beverages. Follow and lead uniform and hygiene standards.
* Attend and lead team and manager meetings and participate in routine leadership calls.
* Actively engage in meeting agendas and transition action items to positively impact restaurant performance and culture.
* 3-5 years in restaurant industry with guest facing management role preferred.
* Personable and enjoys working with guests and leading a diverse team.
* Passion for food, hospitality, and providing an exemplary guest experience.
* Manager Food Safety Certification required.
* Availability to work a minimum of five days per week. Extended hours and/or a sixth day may occasionally be required. Weekends, day shifts and evening shifts may be required.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time (6 or more hours per shift)
* Ability to lift 25+ pounds
HomeState embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Please note that job duties are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
*Eligibility for some benefits may be dependent upon average hours worked or length of employment.
More detail about HomeState part of HomeState, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/314032-homestate