Get hands-on teaching experience on your own schedule. We offer the highest pay rates among substitute providers, with up to $245 for day-to-day assignments and more for long-term assignments.
We care about our educators and want to give you the tools to excel in the classroom. We listen to your preferences, provide you with a consultant who helps develop your skills and pay excellent rates.
We support you by:
- Doing 1:1 check-ins and discussing school feedback with you
- Listening to your needs and preferences before matching you with assignments
- Being just a call away for any concerns or questions
- Offering free, online training that covers trauma-informed teaching, classroom management, and more
- Designating a Scoot consultant to support your subbing journey – Most of our consultants used to be teachers so they can share teaching advice.
- Get paid weekly
- Earn up to $194 – $245 for day-to-day assignments and more for long-term. While pay varies based on credentials, the school, and the assignment, we strive to pay the highest rates among substitute providers.
- Be a W-2 employee so no fussing with taxes
- $0 onboarding costs: We reimburse you for expenses related to state background checks
- Refer friends to sub with Scoot – after they work 10 shifts, you both earn $100 gift cards
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Three professional references with one by a previous direct supervisor
- Take a TB Risk Assessment & Background check (we’ll cover the cost of the one you do with Scoot!)
- A passion for education and putting students first
- An empathetic nature, a growth mindset, and a drive to be the best you can be
You’ll stand out if:
- Have a 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit OR CA Teaching Credential
About Scoot Education:
Scoot Education is an educational staffing company that bridges the gap between schools in need and stellar educators to ensure that students don’t lose valuable learning. We are tech-driven, but human-enabled, and come with 5+ years across America on top of 15+ years of global expertise.
We are dedicated to helping create exceptional experiences in education, and care about developing meaningful relationships with our substitutes and school communities. We strive to make all decisions based on our “BE GREAT” values: Belief, Equity, Growth, Relationships, Empower, Attitude, and Team.