Account Management – Oversees assigned client accounts, ensuring satisfaction, swift response to client needs, efficient problem resolution, contract and operational compliance, risk mitigation and KYC responsibilities.
- Consults with clients on best practices, solutions and regulatory changes to support client engagement. Assigned accounts are typically small and non-complex, often a single product.
- Incumbents are gaining experience in account management and mastering the basics of the discipline and the firms products/services.
- Incumbent may receive guidance from a more experienced Account Manager.Proactively consults small, non-complex client accounts, ensuring continued client satisfaction and listening for cues on client needs.
- Tracks and reports on client metrics.
- Acts as day-to-day point of contact for the client.
- Keeps abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm.
- Liaises with relevant operations contacts (internally and externally) to coordinate service to the client. Escalates relevant issues to senior team members or management.
- Assists with managing client inquiries and resolves problems within scope of knowledge.
- Gains understanding of the business environment of assigned clients, industry trends and competitor services/offerings.
- No direct reports.
- Responsibilities are limited to own client accounts.
- Focus is on smaller and/or less complex client accounts.
- May provide secondary support on a large or key account under the guidance of a more senior Account Manager.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in Account Management or Client Service Delivery preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $45,700 and $97,500 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.