Jon & Vinny’s SLAUSON is looking for pastry cooks to join the team!
We are looking for a 4:00 am baker pastry production team member. Full time and part tume positions available!
A pastry cook is expected to accomplish the following:
- Arrive and leave on time, and clock in/out accordingly
- Dress appropriately every day for work.
- Follow break policies in effect at this location.
- Assist in proper storage of all M.I.P, ingredients, and finished product
- Maintain contact with co-workers and chefs on inventory, status of task work, cleaning, and organization.
- Daily production of baked goods, pastries, and desserts.
- Daily inventory of prepped items and ingredients.
- Daily check for proper rotation of ingredients and finished product following procedures and using proper checklists
- Use proper dating and labeling following procedures.
- Upkeeping and understanding high standards for food quality control to uphold Food Safety Standards
- Good communication with the packers and chefs on daily needs
- Upkeeping Sanitation and Cleaning standards following procedures and using proper checklists
- Working with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment and work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain positive, team-oriented, respectful mentality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain an up to date California food handlers card certification.
- Must be able to read and write.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in this environment is usually moderate.
More detail about Jon & Vinny’s part of Joint Venture Restaurant Group, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/420478-jon-vinnys