NeueHouse is the private workspace and cultural home for creators, innovators, and thought leaders. With iconic buildings, timeless design, thought-provoking cultural experiences, and elevated hospitality, NeueHouse has reimagined the ideal environment for creative potential and progress.
Our Venice Beach House (VB) was once the creative home to some of the most influential creative luminaries in art and entertainment including Hal Ashby, Oliver Stone, and David Hockney, NeueHouse Venice Beach is a new work, social, and cultural hub for the Venice creative community.
Reunion Venice Beach
A culinary program that embraces Mediterranean coastal flavors with a sharp focus on fresh simplicity. Produce empowered by restraint, showcasing vibrant colors and textures, your Reunion burst’s you into a summer feeling that resonates as freedom, La Dolce Vita. An air of lightness emanates from the menu, the setting, and the service attention to detail. Friends reunite and fill their table with share plates of wood roasted peppers, wild figs, naturally cured prosciutto. A beverage program that celebrates crisp, dry and fresh new and old world wines with stemware to match, complimented by a world-class curated, bespoke cocktail program celebrating a regular seasonal shift.
The Reunion Line Cook assists in driving culinary excellence across the entirety of the business helping to define and execute the high standards set for the NeueHouse Venice Beach culinary program. Directly reporting to the NeueHouse Venice Beach Executive Chef and the NeueHouse Venice Beach General Manager, the role will oversee all culinary requirements in the execution of a high-quality seasonal, sustainable, innovative, and wellness-focused menu. Strong candidates should have a background in culinary leadership and execution in high-volume and concept-forward kitchens. Additionally, candidates should have experience and an interest in a wide variety of cuisines and create culturally and dietary responsive menu.
- 2 – 4+ years of Line Cook experience or similar role in concept-driven kitchens.
- The Line Cook is responsible for the preparation of all food items e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, preparing sauces, while always ensuring superior quality and consistency.
- Through training, development, and mentorship via the Leadership team, they ensure the maintenance of recipes, portion specifications, and standard preparation procedures for all dishes.
- Represent the culinary team and program assisting in the overall success of the day-to-day operations of NeueHouse Venice Beach kitchen.
- Ensure the kitchen operations can run smoothly and efficiently with a mind toward Member and Guest, as well as employee, experience.
- Directly following designated recipes with attention to every detail, minimizing waste and inspecting all raw materials to ensure quality standards are met.
- Prompt and accurate preparation of all assigned menu items and food products as ordered, always referencing production sheets and approved recipes, following proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines.
- Take temperatures at regular intervals and prepare and present food items as ordered. Anticipate orders during peak service times to assure timely preparation and service while minimizing over-production and waste.
- Maintain standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to ensure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to ensure a smooth service period.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation including tables, shelves, grills, range, storage containers, refrigeration equipment.
- Ensure clear communication with expeditor, fellow culinary team members and service staff for timing of preparation of assigned menu items.
- Consistent presence in the kitchen with the team during prime service periods and is working in the kitchen/prep for the rest of their scheduled time.
- Closes the kitchen properly according to the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Ensure to attend all required culinary team trainings and meetings to ensure growth, knowledge and team consistency.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all Health & Safety, company employment policies / service procedures and standards as these relate to the kitchen and culinary team.
- Implement all DOH requirements and HACCP safety program across all kitchens.
The anticipated hourly rate for this position is $20.00 – $23.00 an hour. NeueHouse is committed to equitable and competitive compensation and benefits packages for our team members and will consider many factors when extending offers of employment. Some of the factors we consider may include: qualifications of individual applicants against the position and business needs, years of relevant experience in role or industry, specific or unique skills, certifications or professional accreditations specific to the role, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will perform the role. The anticipated range for compensation shared here does not include any other components or benefits that may available.
COVID19: The health and well-being of our Members and staff have been our number one priority and the guiding force behind all our decisions as we open our doors. We encourage you to learn more about our commitment to safety by reading the steps we have taken to ensure that all Members and teams feel safe, comfortable, and secure, going forward on our website.
Diversity & Representation: NeueHouse is committed to building and supporting diverse and representative communities, long-term career opportunities and extends Equal Employment Opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
More detail about NeueHouse – Venice Beach part of NeueHouse, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/384166-neuehouse-venice-beach