71Above is seeking Line Cooks to provide high quality service to our guests in a warm, accommodating and professional manner. This role is essential in setting the stage for a memorable dining experience. We are seeking seasoned and experienced Line Cooks to join our team. Hourly pay plus bi-weekly bonus structure.
Job Summary: The Line Cook will be responsible for preparing, cooking and garnishing various foods efficiently within the established 71Above dining standards in every aspect.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain food storage and handling procedures
- Maintain food quality and nutritional standards
- Perform technical culinary food production, portion control, and service standards
- Follow production schedule
- Food preparation of meats/poultry/game/fish, vegetables, and fruits, to include:
- Washing, peeling, cutting and seeding vegetables and fruits
- Weighing and measuring ingredients
- Methods of combination: stirring, mixing, whipping, breading, etc.
- Cooking: steaming, sautéing, frying, baking, roasting, braising, boiling, poaching, broiling
- Maintain cooking temperature, product cooling and labeling
- Lifting and moving equipment to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station, equipment and
- Distribute supplies utensils, and portable equipment
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at work station to ensure a smooth service period
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish setup for all dishes
- Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, state, federal, and company guidelines and procedures
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 2-3 years culinary line cook experience
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of food preparation and cooking
- Must be able to perform in a fast paced kitchen environment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Conversational English vocabulary
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Strong team-minded approach to fellow-workers.
- Primary food quality work ethic
- Proficient knife skills and use of following equipment:
- Deep Fryer
- Electric Mixers
- Electric Slicers
More detail about 71Above, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/69244-71above