REPUBLIQUE is located in the heart of Los Angeles, in an iconic building originally constructed in 1929 as Charlie Chaplin’s office. The restaurant is run by husband-and-wife team Chef Walter Manzke and James Beard Foundation Award nominee Chef Margarita Manzke who offer a vibrant and diverse dining destination rooted in wonderful French cuisine.
The restaurant is currently looking for a Line Cook to join our team.
We strongly ask that applicants have open availability (commit Fridays & Saturdays + Holidays).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Preps, stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Follow sanitation guidelines set forth by Health Department
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef or manager-on-duty.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Food Handlers permit on file
Working Conditions and Expectations:
- Work schedule will may vary between early morning to late evening, weekends and holidays
- Shifts will range from 6 – 8 hours and you may at times be asked to work overtime
- Always act in a professional manner that represents the restaurant, owners, partners and staff.
- Respectful to all guests that have chosen to dine in our restaurants.
- Demonstrate teamwork in all areas of the restaurant
- Work with a positive attitude in all types of situations
- Follow safety and sanitation rules and laws at all times
- Always act in the best interest of the restaurant, fellow employees and guests.
- Welcome and accept feedback and coaching from the management team in order to maintain and grow as an employee
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 20 – 50 pounds.
- Repetitive tasks with few breaks
- Be able to work in a standing position for up to 8 hours.
More detail about République part of Sprout LA, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/56691-republique