Job Title: Lead Line Cook
Reports To: Sous Chef
Do you know how to work a wood-fired pizza oven? Do you have a good sense of humor?
Roberta’s is looking for an up-and-coming line cook to assist our chef in running a quick-service kitchen that does lots of scratch cooking. Candidates who are positive, upbeat and enthusiastic about leading a team through service will be given strong consideration.
In general, a Shift Lead (SL) acts as the Chefs’ eyes and ears in the kitchen, as well as the Chefs’ proxy in their absence. The SL should be a leader-by-example at all times and set a standard of conduct in the kitchen. They should know the prescribed methods of working in our kitchens and be able to respectfully and confidently correct other cooks when they are not working within Roberta’s methods or up to our standards.
- Thrives while guiding multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong leadership skills and a natural team builder
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Food Handlers Certificate that meets local requirements
- Positive vibes only
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer other cooks’ questions or get the answer from a Chef when the SL is unable to provide one.
- Run service in a chef’s absence.
- Set a menu for service in a Chef’s absence, making necessary adjustments according to product availability or seasonal menu changes.
- Master all stations within their respective kitchens, including expo.
- Set up and shut down the kitchen, delegating tasks for the most efficient operation.
- Ability to work all stations
- Complete prep lists and execute all prep as needed.
- Complete basic vendor orders
- Train new hires and trails.
More detail about Roberta’s Studio City part of Roberta’s, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/405945-robertas-studio-city