Sprinkles at The Grove – Los Angeles (90036)
As a Kitchen Leader at Sprinkles, you will be the conductor of the cupcakes! You will oversee the production of each back-of-house associate, making sure they are following recipes, mixing all batters and frostings, and prepping each mix to be distributed to other bakeries if applicable. You should enjoy mentoring others and being hands-on in the kitchen. If motivating your team to work quickly without ever compromising quality, this is the position for you!
Perks of Working with Sprinkles:
- Benefit options include Heath, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401K
- Daily Pay option available to associates
- Sprinkles Associate Card to sprinkle the joy to your family, friends, and community
- Opportunity to do good – Sprinkles partners with several charities and community organizations
- Family Friendly Hours
- Paid parental leave & paid time off
- Chance to be a part of special memories that happen daily in our bakery
- Development and growth opportunities
- Act as a company advocate and embody the Sprinkles Culture.
- Retain and demonstrate proper policies and procedures delivered by trainers and managers with enthusiasm.
- Accept and/or prepare deliveries.
- Communicate the appropriate quantities and expectations to your kitchen staff regarding baking and frosting enough cupcakes for the day.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills as you rely on and assist fellow associates in providing the Sprinkles Experience.
- Delegate appropriate kitchen duties to your associates to help the bakery be prepared for opening.
- Lead and motivate your staff to work with detail and keep a consistent pace through their shifts.
- Assist with all cleaning duties as stated on opening, closing, daily, and/or weekly checklists.
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation guidelines to maintain a clean and safe work environment behind the counter and in the dining area where applicable.
- Report to work as scheduled and fulfill requirements for duration of shift.
- A passion and love of the Sprinkles product, brand, and experience.
- Ability to work a changing schedule that can begin between Midnight and 4am.
- Ability to communicate verbally and understand and follow written and verbal instructions from management.
- 1-2 years of prior experience leading a kitchen or Equivalent culinary operations certification or degree.
- Can work well under pressure and maintain a consistent pace through the shift.
- Ability to be on your feet for hours at a time.
- Culinary or pasty certification preferred, or at least 1 year of previous food service experience (EG: cook, server, host, baker, busser)
- Can lift at least 25 pounds, carrying cupcake trays, frosting, and bags of boxed purchases.
- Must be able to move around the front of the bakery as you bend down for bags and reach up for cupcake trays.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for up to 60% of the time.
Please note this position has an hourly pay range of $17-$19 an hour. Tips for this bakery average an additional $3.45 an hour. Tips are not guaranteed.
*Sprinkles is an Equal Opportunity Employer