Bottega Louie Restaurant & Patisserie debuted in DTLA in 2009 and has since gained a legendary reputation as a world class patisserie and luxury Italian restaurant. We recently opened our second location in West Hollywood and have opportunities for hospitality professionals to join our team.
Our greatest asset, and the largest contributing factor to our success, is our people. It is our responsibility to provide the opportunity for each employee to pursue professional progress and satisfaction in their work. Satisfying our vast array of guests, depends on the united efforts of many. As the Head Pastry Chef, you are essential to the success of the company.
As our organization continues to expand, we are looking for a Head Pastry Chef that embody the following:
- A positive attitude and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of managers while leading a staff of 30+ employees
- A genuine passion for providing the highest quality of goods as we maintain a culture of excellence in all we do
- The availability to work 10 – 12 hours per day, including late nights, weekends, and holidays. The Head Pastry Chef will be required to work a varied schedule and be on-call
- Three years’ experience in a similar position, in a high-volume restaurant is a plus.
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Train and coach kitchen staff to focus on recipe adherence. Addressing poor performance and correcting bad habits. Teaching proper cooking techniques and guaranteeing all guests receive food product made per the Bottega Louie recipes specifications
- Overseeing all facets of the pastry kitchen
- Managing pastry kitchen labor, overtime and payroll processes
- Maintaining pars to ensure we never run out of product, but also minimizing waste since we are a scratch made kitchen
- All pastry kitchen equipment is well maintained and kitchen cleanliness and sanitation protocols are in place and being followed each and every shift
- Comfortable analyzing financial data, building budgets and developing long term strategies focused on increasing efficiencies and profits
- Collaborate closely with the Executive Pastry Chef to achieve financial success and to drive a standard of excellence
- Maintain professional appearance and grooming standards for yourself and monitor/coach on these standards for all staff
- Develop strong systems and standards in the kitchen to ensure each dish is properly executed for each guest
- Maintain a sense of urgency if everything you do. Encouraging and driving others to do the same
- Work to fine-tune recipe specs and ensure we are operating as efficiently as possible
- Flexibility to create new dishes to present to ownership to appear on future menus
- Create a positive work environment for our employees through friendly, caring, and professional communication. Making sure to pass down a culture of excellence
Bottega Louie offers competitive compensation, dining discounts, Health, Dental, + Vision, Paid Time Off and immense growth potential! We strongly believe in a positive work environment committed to the care, growth, and development of our employees.
We are HIRING for ALL ROLES in our Pastry Kitchen, including Dishwashers, Pastry Cooks, and Bakers.
Salary Based on Experience
Bottega Louie uses E-Verify on all applications received.
More detail about Bottega Louie part of Bottega Louie, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/675-bottega-louie