Mosaic Hollywood inside the W hotel is seeking an energetic and well-organized Chef Tournant! As the Chef Tournant you will be managing the daily operations, providing direction to line employees, and assisting with food production.
Pay: $75,000-$85,000/yearly plus benefits
Schedule: Morning, afternoon, evenings
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with weekly labor schedules and handling revisions as necessary.
- Be accessible and available to employees, work to resolve any issues and maintain the culture.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent people skills when dealing with employees and guests.
- Ensure employees adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Monitor and follow up on employee training.
- Ensure kitchen cleanliness and quality physical appearance of each kitchen.
- Taste and review food products daily to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation.
- Conduct daily inspections of assigned kitchen(s) and delegate job tasks and responsibilities throughout these kitchens.
- Identify and communicate suggestions to the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef for policies and procedures to improve the operation.
- Attend weekly Catering and Kitchen meetings.
- Analyze and monitor the daily operation reports.
- Assists with creating, implementing and monitoring action plans to minimize costs to ensure that budgetary and operational goals are met.
- Performs recipe costing and ensures standardization of recipes to maintain cost.
EDUCATIONAL AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) for a four year college or university, or three years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical Culinary Diploma.
- Minimum of three years Sous Chef experience in a high-volume, Four-Diamond, Four Star, multi-outlet Food and Beverage operation.
- Social Banquet experience a must.
- Two years prior inventory/cost control experience.
- Well-rounded food background with extensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment.
- Computer skills helpful.
- Excellent people and conflict resolution skills and a well-groomed appearance.
- Excellent communication and math analyzation skills.
More detail about Mosaic Hollywood, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/461411-mosaic-hollywood