Blairs is seeking a Chef to oversee the kitchens of its two locations in Silverlake and Eagle Rock. We are neighborhood restaurants with a strong local following. Ideal candidates will have an appreciation and understanding of classic cuisine but, also bring a personal point if view to the restaurant. This is an excellent opprtunity.
The Chef will be responsible for hiring and training kitchen staff, collaborating with restaurant management, and leading BOH staff productivity. To ensure success, you should have excellent leadership skills with experience managing a team of kitchen staff in a high-volume environment. Conversational Spanish skills would be helpful.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to-
- Ensuring that all food meets quality standards and is served in a timely manner.
- Creating a positive work environment in the kitchen.
- Planning the menu and presentation for each dish.
- Scheduling kitchen staff and monitoring labor.
- Maintaining ingredients and equipment, and placing orders as needed while maintaining a TIGHT inventory.
- Regularly updating the menu to showcase seasonal ingredients.
- Being open to feedback and making adjustments to menu as needed.
- Stong interest in collaboration and sharing ideas.
Salary is to start. If you are a good fit, salary will start at 90-100K and increase to $110-120K over the course of your first 2 months.
Please submit a current resume for consideration.
More detail about Blairs – Silverlake part of Blairs Restaurant, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/565990-blairs-silverlake