The Sr Operations Leader is responsible for overall site operations functions that ensure success in contributing to office results and support key business objectives in a Complex Hub or small group of closely located sites. This position is responsible for P/L management across the complex or group of sites, expense approvals, reporting, real estate tracking, goal setting, performance management, on-board new advisors, process ACAT paperwork, etc. Overall, the Sr Operations Leader is the key operations person in/across a Complex or group of sites.
- Provide management of human resource functions for all staff in branches within scope. This includes: determining staffing needs in accordance to staff model, request, hire & allocate staff as needed. On-board and training. Lead & participate in performance management and partner with Complex Director on sales leaders PMPs. Conduct 1:1s with staff. Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to direct reports. Formulate & implement Complex Director staff leadership development program and host monthly meetings with team.
- Support producer growth strategy including design/execution of effective systems & structure for: EAR on-boarding (new hire paperwork, practice set up, ACAT paperwork prep, technology set up & training, etc.), franchise-to-employee channel transfers, practice acquisitions (ACAT paperwork prep, etc.), novice (recruiting support, career fairs, practice set up, technology set up, technology training, etc.) Ensure EARs are successfully on boarded and staff resources are appropriately allocated for a positive experience for the EAR and their clients.
- Lead & manage financials & related systems. Design/implement processes/procedures that effectively support the business. Review advisor expense reports & approve in accordance with Region/Corporate policy. Regular review of Complex P&L with RDO/CD/BMs. Assist with budgeting & problem solving, review of trends, etc. Review of P&L detail statements regularly; reporting & correcting errors. Identify expense reduction opportunities & implement solutions on an ongoing basis. Manage costs appropriately & establish & enforce expense guidelines as necessary.
- Develop & lead client acquisition support team strategy which includes effective structure, tracking & impact to: Complex Seminar Series Program & other marketing events. Partner with Complex Director and Branch Managers to ensure advisor business plans are completed and filed with home office annually. Ensure advisor marketing events are entered correctly in Contact Manager. Ensure seminars are tracked and reported to the region.
- Partner with Complex Director to lead & manage operational support. Determine leadership, staff & resource needs for the complex in order to drive business results & positive client experience. Re-align complex resources to achieve business results. manage & create reports as necessary/request. Track & analyze Complex vital statistics. Coordinate complex meetings. Manage calendar, travel, & email for Complex Director.
- Lead all real estate/facilities activities. Annually conduct Pride of Place surveys. Ensure real estate partners are used to ensure maintenance of brand standards. Ensure Single Office Policy is implemented. Partner with CD & BMs to appropriately assign seating. Represent the Complex in all major real estate activities. Review & ensure Branch Manager & staff are aware of the Annual Service Package. Effectively utilize the Customer Solutions Center for issues & maintenance. Provide reporting with respect to capacity, occupancy & forecasted growth needs.
- Partner with RRS to ensure effective compliance support processes are established. Assess for training needs & partner with RRSD and CD to close any opportunities identified.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 7 – 10 years Relevant Experience Required
- Strong written and oral communication skills to work with all levels of the organization. Strong relationship skills.
- Strong analytical, judgement and problem solving skills to analyze data, develop compelling solutions and/or make a recommendation.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with frequently changing priorities. Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and deliver business results.
- Previous successful supervisory experience including knowledge of HR rules and regulations. Previous budget management experience.
About Our Company
At Ameriprise Financial, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals – we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you’re motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Associated topics: controller, director, finance director, general operational manager, operation, operational manager, president, president finance, senior director, supply