At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is seeking a Senior Product Cyber Security Engineer for Colorado Springs, CO, Huntington Beach, CA or Seal Beach, CA with the option to work out of Huntington Beach, CA. A successful candidate will understand the importance of cyber security during all phases of a program and enjoy working closely with the customer to provide a secure system.
- Product Security Engineer responsible for applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify lifecycle balanced information system security solutions.
Leads a team of Product Security Engineers that will implement cybersecurity features on satellite ground systems and implement RMF processes
- Evaluates resilient network operations for a satellite system and implements effective crypto keying techniques.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system security requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Identifies product assets risks, threats, and vulnerabilities in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards, ensuring security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, non-repudiation and contract compliance.
- Knowledgeable in secure manufacturing and Anti-Tamper design. Evaluates remediation recommendations and develops cost to estimate documentation.
- Employs system security processes, methods, and tools and assures their consistent application. Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Implements appropriate Accreditation and Authorization activities per JSIG, DoD and ICD 503 RMF, NISPOM, or DoD Overprint to the NISPOM as required by customers.
- Coordinates with systems engineers, system administrators, network and software engineers, test and validation engineers, and program management on security related activities and requirements.
- Travel (25%) will be required for meetings with customers, internal meetings, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work under minimal direction.
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-17, and ISO 27001 governance and compliance standards hands-on experience.
- Coordinating tasks and working with Systems Engineers
This position is expected to be onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
- 5 or more years of experience with Information Systems Security
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working with cryptography and Anti-Tamper design knowledge
- DFARS NIST 800-171 Compliance and Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-17, and ISO 27001 governance and compliance standards hands-on experience
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years’ related work experience, Master+12 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Referral Bonus: If a
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: for CA : $175,950 – $238,050
Summary pay range: for CO: $164,050 – $221,950
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.