About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw s, and many more recognizable names.
Albertsons Companies recently rolled out our Presence with a Purpose work model. Placing a premium on adaptability, safety and family well-being, Presence with a Purpose will help us build a hybrid work environment between remote work and office time. A one-size-fits-all approach does not apply to everyone, and teams are allowed to make decisions that are best for them.
What you will be doing
The Catalog team part of the Digital Shopper Experience tower is responsible for owning the digital catalog serving millions of customers through our ecosystem including on Albertsons web and mobile interfaces. This team is responsible for developing and leading the strategy to build the next generation Catalog Management Systems which will support the company s scale and vision around the omnichannel strategy. One of our key goals is to become a one stop shop for our customers food related needs. To achieve this goal, we will be measuring our progress, implementing forward looking OKR and metrics, and maturing our quality and organization.
In this role, the Senior Analyst, Digital Catalog, will design, analyze, and provide data driven insights into how the Catalog team is performing. This is highly dynamic and cross functional role and will report to Director of Analytics for Digital Catalog and Marketplace
The position will be based in Pleasanton CA, and open to other locations as well.
- Lead analytics projects in a cross functional environment working closely with Product and IT teams
- Responsible for defining analytics strategy driving Catalog quality & selection expansion OKRs leading to enhanced Digital shopping experience
- Responsible for end-to-end management and execution of analytics projects with solid organization and clear communication of objectives, tasks/path deliverables and timelines
- Compile and organize datasets, maintain scripts to enable analytics.
- Create and maintain dashboards, reports, and presentations as required for analytics deliverables
What we are searching for
- 4-year degree preferably in a quantitative field
- 3+ years of Analytics and Reporting & Insights
- Advanced SQL skills: 3+ years hands on SQL queries in a data analytics environment
- 2+ years using Business Intelligence/ Visualization Tools (Power BI preferred)
- Experience on working in a cross functional environment – that touch on data, IT, and general insights packaging
- Strong communication skills, ability to lead initiatives
- Experience working within the retail/ E-comm industry and high-tech environments is preferred
What it is like at Albertsons?
Albertsons Culture Principles
Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
Team: We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive: We always value everyone s perspective
Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success