Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.
RN – Wound Care – Full Time, Days (Los Angeles)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Wound Care Registered Nurse functions as the clinical expert, actively involved in clinical practice issues related to wound care. Incumbent is responsible for the quality of nursing practice and standards of care provided to patients with wounds and those at risk for pressure ulcer development. Functions as a role model to assist and educate the nursing staff providing the day to day care; risk assessments, potential for healing, and wound care product selection. Assists clinical leadership in leading, planning, controlling and evaluating nursing practices and operations as it relates to skin, wounds, and ostomy. Incorporates the psychomotor and age appropriate cognitive skills of the patient & family, using clinical knowledge of patient assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Coordinates and serves as a resource to physicians, nursing and other personnel, patients and family members in wound care needs of the patient, including wound vac therapy and equipment management. Effectively collaborates with the health care team to intervene, and advocate as necessary. Intervenes appropriately in instances of abuse, assault or neglect. Makes appropriate referrals to resolve patient issues effectively.
- Develops long and short-term goals consistent with treatment plans, standards of practice, and the plan of care, incorporating patient preference and discussing plan of care with patient. Appropriately utilizes pain management resources and other interventions to provide pain relief. Provides ongoing assessments and documents the patient’s physical and psychosocial condition, as well as response to care. Reviews patient test results, identifies critical results, and communicates in a timely manner consistent with the condition of the patient and correlates information into the plan of care. Consistently ensures nursing practice is evidence based, within scope of licensure and compliant with hospital wide standards of nursing care, including core measures. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Collaborates with staff, physicians and members of the healthcare team, ensuring the coordination of care between other disciplines and support staff. Supervises, monitors and delegates patient care activities to appropriate members of the health care team, provides effective leadership and ensures that care is safe and of high quality. Acts as a source of information and articulately responds to questions, providing resources, guidance, and education about treatment plan, plan of care, and medications. Develops and implements accurate teaching, and wound care treatment and discharge plans.
- Empathizes with patient and patient support systems, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physicians, and co-workers.
Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years of previous clinical experience required. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Active, current, and unencumbered Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California required. AHA Basic Life Support required. Wound Care Certification (WCC) or Certified Wound & Ostomy Nurse (CWON) within the first year of employment required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Wound Care, RN, Registered Nurse, WC, Ostomy
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Address: Los Angeles – 4081 East Olympic Boulevard – Los Angeles, California 90023
Reasonably expect to pay:
Min: $46.10 Max: $63.43
Union Pay Info: (If Union Position – Please Click link to see Union Pay information)