This position offers you the opportunity to bring your talents to the unique data center property management industry and join a growing industry leader. You will provide general support for a team managing data center properties, including clerical, basic bookkeeping and more. As part of the team you’ll enjoy the best of both worlds, the close-knit atmosphere of our office as well as the stability and resources of a large corporation. You’re sure to acquire new skills and resume-building experience, as no two days will be the same!
What you’ll do
As a Property Assistant you will provide diverse support to a team that includes Real Estate Managers, Assistant Real Estate Managers and others. The role is essentially a combination of administrative support and bookkeeping. Your specific activities will include:
- Supporting the planning, budgeting, and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports.
- Assisting with accounts receivable and accounts payable, including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, true-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms and preparation of all related
- Responding to customer requests and needs and coordinating with the Property Management Team to assist in resolving
- Assisting in the selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of requests for proposals and service
- You’ll also monitor vendor performance to ensure compliance and standards established in the service agreement are being met.
- Scheduling and facilitating maintenance with vendors and customers.
- Documenting and tracking all certificates of insurance from vendors and customers.
- Maintaining accurate and pertinent information for vendors and customers.
- Preparing correspondence to customers and vendors.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Maintaining all lease and property related files.
- Answering and directing incoming calls.
- Opening and distributing incoming mail.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings and customer events.
- Conducting site visits to check and stock clerical supplies, etc.
What you’ll need
While the ideal candidate will have two to three years of similar experience, we also will consider recent college grads as long as they are motivated and have the ability to learn quickly with a professional demeanor. To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- At least three years of related administrative / office experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation (you will need to visit various properties from time to time).
Just as important will be the following qualities and characteristics:
- Strong organizational skills and a detail orientation.
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple activities and priorities.
- A friendly people-oriented approach and the ability to interact effectively with customers and coworkers.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications.
- Resourcefulness and the ability to achieve goals independently.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Preferred: Experience with Yardi or similar property management software.
- Knowledge or experience with Bookkeeping (accounts payable, budgeting, etc.).
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVD-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated may need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements per your job requirements, work location, and customer obligations, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
A bit about us
Digital Realty supports the world’s leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL , our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.
A bit about our Digital team
Our Operations team keeps our customers’ infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
Associated topics: admin, apartment, asset management, asset manager, community management, office manager, property administrator, property assistant, property manager, property operator