Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Smidt Heart Institute reflects Cedars-Sinai’s steadfast dedication to heart disease and research innovation giving patients access to the highest level of care. Year after year, thousands of people trust their hearts to Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Our cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and specialized care teams treat the full spectrum of heart disease and disorders, while our investigators continue to advance the field with groundbreaking, life-saving research. From genetic counseling and targeted drug therapies to a growing array of minimally invasive procedures, Cedars-Sinai continues to stand at the forefront of technology, innovation and discovery improving patient outcomes.
We are looking for a Project Scientist to join our team and use your skills with an organization known nationally for excellence in research!
The Project Scientist works independently and in cooperation with the Principal Investigator to make significant and creative contributions to a research or creative project in any academic discipline. The Project Scientist may be an ongoing member of a research team or may be employed for a limited period of time to contribute high-level skills to a specific research or creative program. Project Scientists are not required to carry out independent research or to develop an independent research reputation and do not have teaching responsibilities. Ordinarily, the Project Scientist title will carry out research or creative programs as well as administration of day-to-day lab operations with supervision by a member of the Professorial Series.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, submissions, publications and presentations but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May serve as PI for certain grants as approved by supervising member of the Professorial Series.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- May develop, adapt and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Assists in lab experiments.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- May lead or train Staff Research Associates and Research Fellows.
- Will assist in day-to-day laboratory activities.
- Appointees on an academic trajectory will be expected to commit a portion of their time to developing an independent range of research.
– PhD or highest degree in their field.
– Demonstrated significant, original, and creative contributions to a research or creative program or project
– Minimum of 3 years as a post doctoral fellow.
– Completion of postdoctoral appointment in area of specialization.
– Knowledge of PI’s area of research specialization.
– Demonstrated technical proficiency in a variety of research techniques and protocols.
– Able to perform moderate lifting.
– Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
– Able to read papers and online documents.
– Able to operate standard office equipment.
– Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title: Project Scientist – Smidt Heart Institute – Dr. Ouyang Lab
Department: Heart Institute Operations
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$66,600.00 – $133,100.00