Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research? Take action now by applying to this great opportunity!
Cedars-Sinai offers scientists unparalleled access to ground breaking technologies, facilities, and resources for conducting research related to an impressive range of diseases and disorders, from cancer, cardiology, and digestive diseases, to genetics, genomics, neurosciences, and women’s health. You can continue your career journey with us!
The Chen Laboratory is unraveling basic mechanisms of lung injury and repair. Our focus is on how lung epithelial cells interact with other cellular compartments and with the extracellular matrix to regulate inflammatory cell recruitment and lung fibrosis in various cell-based and animal models.
The Project Scientist works independently and in cooperation with the Principal Investigator to make significant and creative contributions to a research or creative project in any academic discipline. The incumbent may be an ongoing member of a research team or may be employed for a limited period of time to contribute high-level skills to a specific research or creative program. Project Scientists are not required to carry out independent research or to develop an independent research reputation and do not have teaching responsibilities. Ordinarily, this position will carry out research or creative programs as well as administration of day-to-day lab operations with supervision by a member of the Professorial Series.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in the preparation of grant proposals, submissions, publications and presentations but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May serve as PI for certain grants as approved by supervising member.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- May develop, adapt and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Assists in lab experiments, analyzes, interprets, summarizes, and compiles data.
- May lead or train Staff Research Associates and Research Fellows.
- Assists in day-to-day laboratory activities.
- Appointees on an academic trajectory will be expected to commit a portion of their time to developing an independent range of research.
- PhD or highest degree in their field.
Experience and Skills:
- Completion of postdoctoral appointment in area of specialization, as applicable.
- Knowledge of PI’s area of research specialization.
- Demonstrated technical competency.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read scientific papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job duties.
Working Title: Project Scientist – Chen Lab – Lung Institute
Department: Home Dept – Pulmonary
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$66,600.00 – $133,100.00