Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area Profile
Climate change is not a future threat—it’s an immediate one. BCG’s Climate & Sustainability practice (C&S) partners with businesses and governments to help them transform commitments into action and build a decarbonized, more sustainable world, driving technological and economic transformations to realize sustainable competitive advantage.
As part of our commitment to protecting the planet and helping clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, BCG is deepening and broadening its focus. C&S brings together more than 550 experts covering the full range of sustainability topics, including biodiversity, circular economy, decarbonization, sustainable agriculture, transition financing, water management, and other ESG topics—across all sectors—to support our clients around the world.
What You’ll Do
BCG is looking for a Project Leader focused on Insurance to join our Climate and Sustainability team and work alongside some of the world’s top minds in the industry. You will play a critical role in the growth of our Insurance climate and sustainability topic through case execution, client development, and intellectual property and product creation. BCG helps clients transform their business models to optimize for societal and business value. With businesses facing more pressure than ever to rethink their role in society and improve their impact on people and the planet, BCG is looking for an expert to help our clients take on difficult challenges when it comes to climate and sustainability.
At BCG you will become a pivotal member of our team, working alongside some of the world’s top minds on the forefront of climate & sustainability topics. You will collaborate closely with team members from many backgrounds, advising clients across industries on how to equitably set their sustainability ambition and build an actionable pathway to achieve their sustainability goals. Current insurance client needs span multiple topics, meaning the type of work you will focus in could vary.
- Leveraging your experience, you will develop industry-leading solutions to help our clients succeed by demonstrating experience in the below:
- Leading consulting engagements focused on Climate and Sustainability in the Insurance sector
- Developing BCG’s thought leadership content and programs, including preparing perspectives and publications on sustainability in insurance, as part of our Climate and Sustainability practice in support of BCG’s clients and commercial agenda
- Defining and implementing comprehensive Climate and Sustainability frameworks and approaches applicable to Insurance sector initiatives and transformations
- Empowering clients in developing Sustainability capabilities including: defining ambitions, articulating business implications, identifying growth opportunities, reporting, etc.
- Integrating with BCG’s broader Climate and Sustainability, and sector teams to identify risks and opportunities for key industry sectors (e.g., energy and power, transportation) and functional topics (e.g., sustainable investing, supply chain engagement)
- Analyzing and monitoring regulatory (market, securities, and conduct) requirements for their strategic impact and their operational implementation
- Teaming with BCG and client project groups by bringing expertise internally and to the client on-site
- Supporting and furthering our business development efforts in the insurance practice
BCG Project Leaders lead case teams, engage with and present to senior clients, direct projects to define client needs, manage project scoping and work module development, supervise research activities, and participate in business development. They oversee the formulation of hypotheses for research and investigation, as well as advanced analysis to identify opportunities. Project Leaders are also responsible for continuously developing the firm’s knowledge and capabilities and play a key role in the development and maintenance of high-level client relationships.
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- 5+ years of Insurance sector consulting and/or industry experience
- Knowledge of key topics related to sustainability in insurance and financial services functional areas (e.g., underwriting, investments, claims, risk engineering)
- Experience teaming with professionals across key sectors in transition (e.g., automotive, energy)
- Ability to develop leading edge business models, frameworks for analysis, and long-term business strategies that maximize shareholder value
- As appropriate based on tenure, proven ability to manage client engagements, client relationships, and provide “thought leadership” to teams, owning the responsibility for the quality of engagements. A combination of management and “hands on” delivery experience is critical
- Excellent communication skills; able to explain complex industry concepts in non-technical terms
YOU’LL BE BASED IN
We will consider candidates for any of our North American offices.
YOU’LL BE TRAVELING
Travel is expected and will vary based on project needs.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS
Boston Consulting Group (“BCG”) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The first year base compensation for this role is $225,400 in USD.
In addition to your base salary, you will also be eligible for an annual discretionary performance bonus and BCG’s Profit Sharing and Retirement Fund (PSRF) contribution. BCG also provides a market leading benefits package described below.
At BCG, we are committed to offering a comprehensive benefit program that includes everything our employees and their families need to be well and live life to the fullest. We pay the full cost of medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees – and their eligible family members.* That’s zero dollars in premiums taken from employee paychecks. All our plans provide best in class coverage:
- Zero dollar ($0) health insurance premiums for BCG employees, spouses, and children
- Low $5 (USD) copays for trips to the doctor, urgent care visits and prescriptions for generic drugs
- Dental coverage, including up to $5,000 (USD) in orthodontia benefits
- Vision insurance with coverage for both glasses and contact lenses annually
- Reimbursement for gym memberships and other fitness activities
- Fully vested retirement contributions made annually, whether you contribute or not
- Generous paid time off including vacation, holidays, and annual office closure between Christmas and New Years
- Paid Parental Leave and other family benefits such as elective egg freezing, surrogacy, and adoption reimbursement
*Employees, spouses, and children are covered at no cost. Employees share in the cost of domestic partner coverage.