The role of the Prior Auth Coordinator is to promptly, efficiently and accurately execute all aspects of
the referral process. Facilitating the right care at the right time in the right setting. Process requests
from Access Express that are pended or reprocess approved or denied auths and package properly for
review and resolution. Check eligibility and benefits on all DME and home health authorizations prior
to forwarding on request to prior authorization nurse or medical director for approval. Capture any
leakage and provide feedback to the leadership team for additional training. Maintain turnaround time
compliance in all aspects of the Prior Authorization process. Promote the quality and cost effectiveness
of medical care through strict adherence to all UM Policy and procedure.
1. High School graduate required
2. 1-2 years IPA or Medical office experience
3. Experience with prior authorization process strongly preferred.
4. Knowledge of Healthcare and Managed Care preferred
5. Proficient in MS Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint).
6. Ability to operate PC based software programs or data base management systems
7. Proficient with turnaround time compliance in all aspects of the PA Process
8. Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail oriented.
9. Knowledge of computers, faxes, printers and all other equipment.
10. Ability to multi-task and meet turnaround times
11. Ability to deal with responsibility with confidential matters.
12. Ability to work in a multi-task, environment.
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We’ll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we’ll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-###-#### or email …@astoncarter.com ( …@astoncarter.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Prior Authorization Coordinator