Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
BCG has a long history of driving growth by embracing innovation and new ways of thinking. Through DigitalBCG, we bring together a diverse mix of consultants and digital specialists to ensure that we are supporting our clients throughout their digital transformation journeys. We work with our clients to fully understand the impact of digital on their business and set priorities that will transform their vision into value. Whether it be developing new technologies to support their core business, making better use of their data, or pursuing entirely new sources of revenue, our aim is to achieve radical improvements in productivity, flexibility, and speed. We are innovating how our clients are using artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, internet of things, personalization, blockchain technologies, and more to gain competitive advantage.
DigitalBCG encompasses a broad set of data, digital, and technology capabilities from BCG consulting teams and practices, along with our business units such as BCG Digital Ventures, BCG Platinion, and BCG GAMMA.
Practice Area Profile
What You’ll Do
DigitalBCG is building the future of business today. Right now, every company in every industry is on a journey to become a digital organization. Our goal is to make that journey a success.
As a DigitalBCG Principal, you will partner with leading companies to shift mindsets, shape
agendas, and create value through digital transformation programs. The work you do every day— going deep to uncover key insights and reimagine business models—will enable our clients to
compete in today’s fast-paced environment and accelerate into the digital future. As you immerse yourself in new challenges across a range of Digital topics, you will develop close relationships with senior clients and BCG leadership, and play a central role in work that has a lasting impact on companies, industries, and society.
As a DigitalBCG Principal, you will lead a team of BCG consultants and digital specialists advising clients on a range of topics that align to your areas of expertise and interests, including, but not limited to the following:
- Digital Transformation & Strategy: Helping clients rethink the impact of digital on their business and accelerate their transformation efforts.
- Customer Centricity: Reinventing the Customer Experience, leveraging journey maps, deep customer empathy, and data to create transformative digital interfaces, marketing strategies, and process innovations.
- Digital Marketing & Personalization: Optimizing digital marketing programs across all digital channels and levers, including precision marketing, and analytics-enabled, one-to-one personalization.
- Big Data & Analytics: Driving transformational value through cutting-edge applications of AI and Machine Learning tools that are fully scaled into the business.
- New Ways of Working: Building ongoing organizational change capabilities, and helping clients transform into digital enterprises that continue to develop and innovate with speed, at scale.
- Transformation of the Technology Function and Technology Build: Redesigning technology functions to improve flexibility, efficiency, and Business-IT alignment.
As a Digital Strategy Principal, you can expect to spend the majority of your time on digital
topics, and the balance working on a broader set of critical, unique challenges presented by our
clients. Principals work at the forefront of client engagements, serving as a key driver of client
value. At BCG, we set our standard for value creation high, challenging ourselves to deliver
tangible and positive change, not simply presentations or ideas. Our work must provide next level insights, change the mindset of our clients, and lead directly to clients taking action and
executing their business in new ways.
In addition to managing the holistic program for clients, you will also coach and inspire your team to develop their consulting and digital skills, creating opportunities for team members to learn and grow. Working alongside BCG and client project leaders, you will contribute expertise, synthesize recommendations, challenge work in progress, and re-orient analyses as necessary. Finally, you will contribute to BCG’s intellectual capital in the digital space, defining industry leading thinking, and helping build BCG’s brand as a digital leader.
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- A minimum of 7 years of work experience within digital fields, including product management, digital marketing & analytics, and/or designing & delivering world-class software products, in leading digital companies and/or start-ups.
- Ideally 3-5 years of experience in a consulting environment, driving large-scale transformations, with a history of excellent client service. Core consulting skills are critically important in this role:
- Strong analytic skills and a high capacity for conceptual thinking.
- Ability to develop leading-edge business models, frameworks for analysis, and long-term business strategies that maximize shareholder value.
- Must be able to thrive in a hypothesis-based environment where inductive rather than deductive reasoning is the norm.
- Deep experience and clear alignment with at least one industry where we could see an immediate fit with our business.
- History of building credibility and relationships with leaders, technical and non-technical people to align on strategy, inspire stakeholders, and execute on a day-to-day basis. The ability to work with and lead multi-disciplinary teams including engineers, architects, data scientists—or whatever is required to solve the client’s challenge—will be vital to success.
- Proven experience managing the end-to-end product lifecycle, determining the product vision and roadmap, delivering strong customer experiences, and managing stakeholder interactions.
- Advanced quantitative analysis, solid business acumen and problem solving ability. High capacity for strategic/end-to-end thinking.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills.
- Strong academics from a MS or MBA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage client engagements, client relationships, and provide “thought leadership” to teams, fully owning the responsibility for the quality of engagements.
- A solid track record of building strong client relationships with large organizations, as well as identifying opportunities to deepen those relationships and grow the business.
Who You’ll Work With
The companies that are winning the digital future are those that embrace digital diversity: diverse perspectives, diverse skills, and diverse capabilities. BCG’s digital teams reflect this diversity, combining digital-savvy business consultants and industry experts with a full spectrum of digital specialists.
As you collaborate with BCG Associates, Consultants, and Project Leaders, you will increase your understanding of complex business problems from a wide range of perspectives and develop new skills. At the same time, you’ll partner with senior clients, taking on the role of trusted advisor, and work at all levels of the client organization to find and execute value creation strategies that result in game changing outcomes for our clients.
YOU’LL BE BASED IN:
We are currently hiring for all our North American offices.
YOU’LL BE TRAVELING:
Moderate to significant travel is expected.
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS:
Boston Consulting Company (“BCG”) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.