Principal Investigator, Dr. Edwin Posadas is looking for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist, the Research Fellow will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Essential job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for analyzing and developing assays to distinguish patterns of metastatic potential and drug resistance
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Educational and work experience preferences:
- Experience with cell culture (2D and 3D) and animal modeling of metastasis in cancer (should have publications to present previous studies)
- Experience with cell motility characterization in cancer beyond transwell migration (should have publications to present previous studies)
- Experience with immunofluorescence microscopy
- Experience with basic bioinformatics and RNAseq data analysis
- Applicant should provide at least 2 publications of representative original studies in cancer biology.
- Experience with prostate cancer models preferred
- Must demonstrate proficiency with written and spoken English.
- Doctorate Degree Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within previous three years
- Experience as a first author in one or more publications on impactful body of work preferred
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist – Posadas Lab
Department: Home Dept – Hem – Onc
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 – $93,600.00