Join Dr. Athanasia Panopoulos and her research group as a Postdoctoral Scientist in the Cedars-Sinai Regenerative Medicine Institute!
The Cedars-Sinai Board of Governors Regenerative Medicine Institute brings together research faculty and clinicians to provide a true “bench to bedside” organization. Regenerative medicine is a new and developing field that aims to restore function in diseased or aged tissues through either revitalizing existing cells or transplanting new ones. At the Board of Governors Regenerative Medicine Institute, researchers are turning stem cells into therapies for treating a multitude of prevalent diseases and conditions.
The Panopoulos Laboratory at the Cedars-Sinai Regenerative Medicine Institute is a seeking a highly motivated postdoc to join our new, dynamic research group. The laboratory studies fundamental and clinically relevant research questions that are at the intersection of the fields of stem cell biology, blood cell development, and cancer.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The long-term research goals of the Panopoulos Laboratory are to harness the power of stem cells to provide innovative and clinically relevant advances in targeted cancer therapeutics and regenerative medicine. Our work focuses on utilizing human somatic cell reprogramming to identify and target novel embryonic mechanisms that are exploited in cancer, and as an avenue to discover fundamental aspects of normal and aberrant hematopoietic development. To learn more, please visit Panopoulos Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai
As a Postdoctoral Scientist, plan and conduct experiments with pluripotent stem cells and cancer cells using both in vitro and in vivo systems. The Postdoctoral will continue ongoing projects but will also assist in developing new project ideas that will be used for new grant applications.
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientists, the Research Fellow will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. Analyzes and interprets data. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in the preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Analyzes interpret, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject interactions as it pertains directly to research being performed.
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
Experience and Skills:
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas is required: primary and mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, basic techniques in cell biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry.
- Experience in genomics and bioinformatics is a plus.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Scheduling flexibility including evening, weekend and holiday rotation commitment may be necessary. Travel may be required.
- Function efficiently and cooperatively with a team of faculty, research associates, technicians, and students.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist – Panopoulos Lab – Regenerative Medicine Institute
Department: Regenerative Medicine Inst
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 – $93,600.00