At Cedars-Sinai, postdoctoral scientists and other junior researchers fulfill a critical role in expanding the horizons of medical knowledge through biomedical research. By hosting more than 100 postdocs, who conduct vital research and receive advanced training with expert faculty mentors, Cedars-Sinai supports the ongoing medical education process that continues beyond PhD/MD graduation
Postdoctoral position within immunology of cardiovascular diseases is available in Dr. Koltsova’s Lab.
The lab is looking for passionate scientist interested to join our multidisciplinary team to address the role of cytokines as regulators of inflammation, cell metabolism, host-microbiota interactions, and adipose tissue inflammation in atherosclerosis.
The lab interests are to uncover and define immune-mediated mechanisms regulating inflammation in various immune-mediated pathologies such as atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) and adipose tissue inflammation. We aim to elucidate mechanisms of how distinct cytokines as a key auctionable regulators of inflammation shape inflammatory environment during cardiovascular disease pathogenesis. We study the intersection of cytokine signaling and effects of microbiota and microbial metabolites regarding inflammation and tissue microenvironment.
The successful candidate will work independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other scientists in the lab. In this role you will be able to contribute to current projects in the lab as well as to develop your own line(s) of research within the broad scientific interests of the lab. Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period in the fields of immunology, cardiovascular diseases, microbiology and metabolism research and will be responsible for conceptual and technical contribution to drive exciting projects forward.
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Cedars-Sinai is a nonprofit academic healthcare organization serving the diverse Los Angeles community and beyond. We are one of the leading institutes for competitive research funding from the National Institutes of Health. As an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact. Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research with discoveries occurring in 26 departments and institutes that encompass the full spectrum of medicine.
What will you be doing:
- Interest in lab research directions
- The knowledge in one or more of the following areas: immunology, microbiology, cell metabolism
- Experience as a first author in one or more publications on impactful body of work.
- Previous experience with animal models is required
- Knowledge in immunology is required
- The knowledge of bioinformatics is beneficial
- Ability to work independently after essential training has been provided and advance project(s)
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in work schedule to complete necessary study within deadlines.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of care we strive for.
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within previous three years
- Doctorate Degree (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in biomedical sciences, immunology, pharmacology, or an area directly related to field of research specialization of broad immunology and cardiovascular diseases with 0-2 years of postdoctoral experience.
Interested applicants must apply online AND email your CV + Cover Letter/Letter of Interest to Dr. Ekaterina Koltsova (Ekaterina.Koltsova@cshs.org). The cover letter/letter of interest must describe your motivation for applying to the position, research interests, and 3 references.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist – Koltsova Lab
Department: Home Dept – Hem – Onc
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 – $93,600.00