The Hitchins Laboratory undertakes translational cancer research with a focus on genetic and epigenetic alterations associated with cancer, in particular cancer-specific changes in DNA methylation. Researchers in the Hitchins Lab undertake studies on genetic and epigenetic alterations that predispose to cancer onset, as well as the discovery and development of epigenetic alterations to serve as tumor biomarkers for applications to cancer diagnosis, prognosis or prediction of treatment outcomes. To learn more, please visit Hitchins Lab | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The Hitchins Lab is seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist to work independently, but in close cooperation, and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientists. The Postdoc will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in the preparation of grant proposals but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- Leads research project(s) in the epigenomics of cancer that forms part of the research program under the mentorship of the Principal Investigator. This will include the undertaking of intellectual, technical (wet-lab), and analytical aspects of the project(s).
- Drafts manuscripts for publication and author or co-author.
- Contributes to the drafting of grant proposals.
- Attends, contributes to, and presents at laboratory group meetings and departmental meetings.
- Presents research findings at national and international conferences.
- Provide miscellaneous research support (ad hoc data analysis, hypothesis development, programming, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Leads and trains incoming Graduate Students, Research Fellows, lower-level Research Associates, and other related support staff and may be requested by Pl to take on specific day-to-day supervisory activities.
- Complies with all safety standards and procedures.
- Assists with the establishment and maintenance of IRB proposals and protocols relating to projects in the laboratory.
- Assist with the maintenance of database and accompanying biorepository.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in the area directly related to the field of research specialization.
Experience and Skills:
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis.
- Knowledge of safety standards, maintenance, and operations of specialized equipment.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist – Hitchins Lab – Cancer Epigenomics
Department: BMS – Bioinfo & Func Genomics
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 – $93,600.00