KARL STORZ is currently seeking an Onsite Endoscopic Specialist (OES) to work at our client’s site in the Boston, MA area.
Reporting to the Region Manager of Onsite Service, the primary responsibility of this role is to provide on-site, hands-on client support of KARL STORZ’s medical devices (including hand instruments and video equipment) for the role’s assigned clients (hospital or surgery center). This role will be primarily working with the client’s Sterile Processing Departments and Operating Room team members.
OES positions often pave the way to internal career advancement opportunities in areas such as Sales, Marketing, Leadership, and more.
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Face-to-face client support, including Operating Room, Sterile Processing Department, and Biomed
- Daily maintenance and management of the client’s KARL STORZ devices
- Maintain the instrument sets so they are always in excellent working order and ready for use; keep repairs and replacement equipment expenses within a predetermined budget for the account; preventative maintenance on all KARL STORZ devices; troubleshoot video and instrument issues in the Operating Room; inspection of the instruments and documentation of their functionality
- Training and education of KARL STORZ devices and/or services for the Operating Room and supporting departments
- Identifying process improvement opportunities and designing workflows to improve efficiencies and reduce repair costs
- Tasks will vary depending on the agreement with the account and will generally include:
- KARL STORZ video tower/system set-up and support;
- Inspection, repair, troubleshooting, and replacement of KARL STORZ devices;
- Monitoring, reporting, and facilitating repair/ exchange transactions;
- Transporting, cleaning/sterilization, and packaging of KARL STORZ instruments after use.
Our successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken English language business communication skills. They will also have demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented team environment.
- A minimum education level of a high-school diploma
- 0-4 years of experience in medical device (including hand instruments and video equipment) repair, sales, or services management
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- MS Office – proficient user as the role will need to work with Excel spreadsheets and reporting
- Role requires the completion of a drug screening for safety-sensitive positions
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 25lbs
Preferred, but not required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time*
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave**
- 401(k) retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee’s first 6% contribution (up to IRS limits)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,250 per year! – Tuition pre-imbursement
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships, and part-time employees are not eligible except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
**To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a child.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how credentialing/health screens may impact the role you are seeking and if you require any reasonable accommodations regarding these requirements.
The pay range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future. When determining a specific team member’s base salary and/or hourly pay rate, several factors will be considered including such things as location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, professional credentials, internal equity, and the amount budgeted for the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices, and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in Contact