Nurse Practitioners Physician Assistants-DispatchHealth
We are hiring Nurse Practitioners and Physician Associates with acute care experience in ER, Urgent Care, or Internal Medicine to join our growing team serving the Orange County area. Our Advanced Practice Providers team with DHMTs (Medical Technicians) and are equipped with everything needed to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses through comprehensive health assessments, including diagnosis, treatment, and outcome management, for patients of all ages. Our innovative model allows us to provide definitive care in the home, including point of care laboratory studies, minor procedures, splinting, wound care, suturing, IV fluid and medication administration. We provide whole person care by facilitating timely follow up and care coordination. Our providers love working at DispatchHealth because of the high-quality care they can provide, the value of the delivery model and the appreciation of our patients.
- Full time and part time positions available
- Flexible scheduling
- 1:1 patient ratio- see up to 8 patients in a shift
- CME reimbursement offered
- Competitive benefits!
- Growth opportunities!
What you will be doing:
- Work as part of a clinical care team with a DHMT (Medical Technician) and individually, as appropriate for the service line to deliver care in the patient’s home through our innovative in-home care service lines (i.e., Acute Care, Bridge Care, Advanced Care, Tele-presentation and others). This involves being in a mobile unit and driving or riding in a company vehicle to the place of service.
- Perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose and treat complex illnesses.
- Provide therapeutic interventions, such as splinting, suturing, wound care and minor procedures.
- Use critical thinking skills and follow evidence-based standards of practice.
- Accurately and thoroughly document your patient encounter and ensure accuracy.
- Analyze test data to diagnose, treat and arrange appropriate follow up for the patient to ensure continuity of care.
- Educate patients and families on how to treat their acute illness and manage their health and well-being.
- Effectively navigate difficult conversations related to end-of-life issues and goals of care.
- Communicate effectively with patients, family, the medical power of attorney, primary care provider and all individuals involved in the patient’s care.
- Identify and proactively solve problems.
- Adhere to clinical and safety standards, protocols, and performance metrics.
- Provide care with compassion, empathy, and cultural competency.
- Maintain positive relationships with DHMT partners and remote teams.
- Maintain professional etiquette and serve as ambassadors for DispatchHealth.
- Lead your practice and always do what’s right for the patient.
What you will need:
- Minimum of two years of experience as a NP/PA in the Emergency Department, Urgent Care, Internal Medicine, Hospital, Family Practice, Cardiac, Pulmonary or other relevant areas
- Those with less than two years of experience as a NP/PA, but with two or more years experience as a paramedic, RN (ED or ICU), Flight Nurse or a graduate from an ENP program or fellowship (NP’s) or EM/Hospitalist residency (PA’s) are also encouraged to apply
- Graduate with an advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Current unrestricted state license as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Nationally board certified
- Current BLS / ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEA
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Complete required drivers training upon hire
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability to walk up and down several flights of stairs easily
Learn more about our company, medical model, benefits package, and our vision by going to https://www.dispatchhealth.com/careers/