If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Manual Machinist will have extensive knowledge on a diverse background running various manual machines including but not limited to vertical & horizontal mills, vertical & horizontal lathes, and grinders. This person will have experience in setting up and dialing in various parts in their machine. The Pump QRC Machinist will be responsible for making parts from raw material as well as machining existing parts to new dimensions or machining on repaired parts. The Machinist must be able to work independently and with limited instruction, but while following route sheets and/or parts drawings. They will be able to select proper tooling inserts, speeds, and feeds as necessary and require to meet the requirements of the part and material being machined.
This is a 2nd shift position (3 pm – 11:30 pm)
Flowserve offers competitive pay, annual bonuses, medical benefits on day 1, generous paid vacation time, paid holidays, pension plan, 401(k) and many other excellent benefits!
NEW HIRES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO A $2500 SIGN ON BONUS! APPLY TO FIND OUT MORE!
The Manual Machinist is responsible for setting up and machining parts and components to all pumps and decoking equipment on any machine in our shop.
- Working safely and helping colleagues work safely.
- Follow pre-job brief and all check lists prior to machining a part.
- Follows all routers and machining procedures Machine parts using manual horizontal boring mills, vertical lathes, engine lathes, mills, grinders, and drill presses.
- Ability to work efficiently within fixed time windows for each machining process.
- Ability to hold tolerances within .0005″ Inspect parts using micrometers, gages, etc.
- Ability to read prints/drawings and execute based on the data provided
- Fabricate tooling and hardware as a part of continuous improvement of the facility Coordinate with sales, operations, engineers, and customers as necessary.
- Exhibit behavior that encourages teambuilding, decision-making, problem solving, and continuous improvements.
- Ability to machine a variety of metals such as 300 and 400 series stainless steels, Inconel 625 and 718, carbon steel, etc.
- Complying with all Flowserve policies and procedures; specifically around time and attendance, safety, and productivity
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of manual machining experience including HBM and / or VTL
- Must have personal set of tools, micrometers, hand grinders, and roll-around tool box.
- Able to stand for long periods.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and process.
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, able to problem solve and prioritize work assignments.
- Must be able to work overtime hours including weekends and holidays.
- Computer skills, including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and processes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, and prioritize work assignments with support from Team Lead and Supervisor
- Must be able and willing to work overtime hours including weekends and holidays when dictated by customer emergencies and business needs
- Knowledge of service environment activities including DCI, machining, assembly, test, and field service for rotating equipment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing work environment
- Prior experience working the fast-paced and unpredictable environment around repair services.
- Strong drive to make things happen and a strong “can do” attitude
The pay range for this role is $27.56 – $41.34 per hour
Req ID : R-7116
Job Family Group : Operations
Job Family : OP Machining
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers. com as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to employment@flowserve. com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.