Want to LOVE where you work and get full training to do it?
Jacoby & Meyers is the nation’s pre-eminent law firm protecting consumers since 1972. We are currently seeking a smart and determined Lien Negotiator to join our growing team. At Jacoby & Meyers, every single employee gets to make an impact. Our values guide the way we work with each other. It’s a culture where you have the freedom to experiment and push your talents as far as they can go.
Job Title: Lien Negotiator
Type of Position: FULL TIME
Hours: M-F flexible
A potential lien negotiators primary function will be to negotiate post-settlement liens, including health insurance liens, hospital liens, private medical provider liens, and state and federal medical provider liens. They will also be responsible for finalizing the case and providing clients with the best recovery possible and exhibit a high level of efficiency and proficiency. Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Regularly keeping clients informed
- Providing status updates to providers
- Drafting reduction letters
- Obtaining final medical balances at settlement
- Assemble, organize, and itemize client medical bills
- Communicate with Medi-cal and Medicare
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Maintain professional demeanor on the phone and in all business communications
- Ability to meet deadlines and quotas
- Ability to multitask
- Work both independently and as a member
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year university
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Pet Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D Coverage, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, Paid Holidays
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Accident Insurance
- Commuter Transportation Incentive
- Flexible Hours
- Fully-paid parking
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Learning and Development Programs
- Remote Positions
Jacoby & Meyers was founded in 1972 with the intention of making the legal system more accessible to the average person. Now, more than 45 years later, we continue to help people get the justice and compensation they deserve. Specializing in all types of accident claims, including automobile, motorcycle, bicycle, Uber/Lyft, or trucking accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, construction accidents and other wrongful conduct, the attorneys at Jacoby & Meyers have recovered over a billion dollars for their clients’ personal injury and wrongful death claims caused by the negligence of a third party.
REQUIRED: Resume, References, Pay Expectation
Jacoby & Meyers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: attorney, child custody, court, divorce, family law, law practice, legal office, legal service, litigating, litigation attorney