Autoland LLC is actively seeking a HRGeneralist to join the team in Chatsworth, CA.
Reports to: CFO
Hours/Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 9:00AMto 5:30PM
Work environment: Onsite / In-office
Who we are:
Autoland LLC is the car buying service for members of creditunions, and affinity groups. Founded in 1971 with the belief that peopledeserve a better car buying experience, Autoland LLC has provided hundreds ofthousands of satisfied drivers with a convenient and hassle-free means topurchase a vehicle at a great value. At Autoland LLC, our culture rests onproviding opportunities and challenges for our team members while encouraging ahealthy work-life balance. Bring your passion, energy, and experience! We willgive you the training, support, and encouragement to succeed.
What we Offer:
- $65k – $70k annual salary, commensurate on experience.
- Annual bonuses.
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay.
- 401K with match
About the role:
The Human Resources Generalist supports the day-to-dayoperations of the Human Resources Department and is responsible for theadministration of human resources policies, procedures and programs. The HRGeneralist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:employment, employee relations, benefits, compensation, organizational anddepartmental development, and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
The Human Resources generalist is responsible for all orpart of these areas:
- recruiting and staffing logistics;
- performance management and improvement systems;
- employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting;
- policy development and documentation;
- employee relations;
- company employee communication;
- compensation and benefits administration; and
- employee welfare.
The Human Resources Generalist originates and leads HumanResources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, highperformance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goalattainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superiorworkforce.
The Human Resources Generalist coordinates implementation ofservices, policies, and programs; reports to the CFO, and assists and advisescompany managers about Human Resources issues.
What you’ll do:
- Supports the recruitment process using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Conducts recruiting planning meetings when needed staff is identified.
- Reviews resumes for candidates and screens candidates for employment.
- Employee Relations
- Assists with the development of Human Resources policies for the company with regard to employee relations.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
- Human Resource Information Systems
- Maintains employee-related databases. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Fully utilizes ADP WorkforceNow software to the company’s advantage.
- Assists with the monitoring of the company wage and salary structure and the variable pay systems within the company including incentive pay, bonuses and raises.
- Supports internal systems to obtain competitive market research and pay studies to help establish pay practices that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Provides payroll processing support. Partners with Director of Accounting to review timecards and maintain the payroll database.
- Act as a conduit between employees and ADP TotalSource for health benefits, 401(k) plan, disability and worker’s compensation claims, and risk and safety/ergonomics.
- Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- In partnership with ADP TotalSource, protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development or equivalent. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification and HR Management certificate preferred.
- Minimum of four years of progressive experience performing duties in Human Resources, positions with leadership preferred.
- Specialized training in employment law, organizational development, employee relations, benefits and compensation programs, and safety is preferred.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal and coaching skills, detail-focus, and a high level of organization is required.
- Must possess excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Internet proficiency are required.
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now is a plus.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- HR related experience in the Automotive or Credit Union industry highly preferred.