Duties & Responsibilities:
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival.
- When possible, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
- Effectively work the computerized seating and reservation system.
- Provide guests with estimated waiting time.
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
- Seat guest guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in server stations.
- Answer phones with correct phone greeting. Direct calls to the appropriate person or take messages.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Host station and front entry of the restaurant.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
Working Conditions and Expectations:
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Work schedule may vary between early morning to late evening, weekends and holidays.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and keep with the guests needs.
- Always act in a professional manner that represents the restaurant, owners, partners and staff.
- Respectful to all guests that have chosen to dine in our restaurants.
- Demonstrate teamwork in all areas of the restaurant.
- Work with a positive attitude in all types of situations.
- Follow safety and sanitation rules and laws at all times.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings.
- Always act in the best interest of the restaurant, fellow employees and guests.
- Welcome and accept feedback and coaching from the management team in order to maintain and grow as an employee.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 Years of customer service and/or restaurant experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Open Table Guest Center preferred.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively in the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Have working knowledge of food menu.
- Able to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours) and work in a multiple level building.
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver items that may weigh up to 25 pounds.
Please send your resume along with extra information about yourself. We look forward to welcoming you as part of the team.More detail about Yangban part of Sprout LA, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/336603-yangban