What You Will Do:
The Hospital Admissions Representative is responsible for obtaining and verifying demographic information, insurance benefits and eligibility. Assigns the correct medical record and account number; therefore, providing a database which ensures accurate billing and clinical information.
Schedule: This is a part time position working up to 25 hours per week, Monday-Friday and three weekends a month. Must be available to work mornings, nights, and rotating holidays.
Duties to include but not limited to:
· Responsible for obtaining complete and accurate demographic and financial information from a variety of sources, including patient interviews physician offices and in-house departments.
· Obtains required signatures on legal consents and insurance forms.
· Performs required pre-certification, credit referral or deposit collection. Enters data in computer and thoroughly documents any incomplete admissions/registrations in manner prescribed. Obtains pre-certification, referral or authorization number and updates patients file.
· Notifies patients, family members, physicians and/or supervisors of insurance coverage issues, notifies patients of co-payments, deductibles or deposits needed, documenting all information in computer system.
· Reviews Physician’s orders for completion and ensures all required information is listed.
· Completes Medicare Compliance and obtains ABN if necessary.
· Knowledge of all Federal, State and Local Laws pertaining to insurance rules and regulations.
· Maintains multiple computer systems.
· Maintains positive customer service at all times, referring unresolved issues to appropriate supervisor.
· Answers telephone calls. Follows pre-established script and provide assistance to callers.
· Completes all shift duties in a timely and accurate manner.
· Complies with all safety regulations, policies and procedures as defined by Customer.
What You Will Need:
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Minimum 1 year experience in a medical setting or heavy customer service environment utilizing data entry skills, insurance or other online websites and various software applications.
· Ability to type a minimum of 35 CWPM.
· Medical terminology knowledge.
· Ability to greet and effectively relate to patients, physicians and staff.
· Computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office software programs.
· Great organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
· Great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Able to maintain professional demeanor in high stress environment.
· Ability to deal with pressure and complaints.
· Presents oneself in a professional manner through appearance and conduct.
What Would Be Nice To Have:
· 2 years of ED admitting experience
· Bilingual in Spanish (not mandatory)
The annual salary range for this position is $37,300.00-$55,900.00. Compensation decisions depend on a wide range of factors, including but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, security clearances, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs.
What We Offer:
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.