Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences – and that s just the beginning!
Organizations, large and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, and generate social engagements that develop interactions with their target audiences.
About the Team
The Sales team is committed to delivering innovative product solutions that benefit our clients and enhance the communications industry. We are thoughtful, motivated, creative, and strategic individuals who thrive on friendly competition and solving tough challenges. We ask inquisitive questions to uncover clients needs and love sharing our deep knowledge of industry trends and best practices. We win new opportunities, and pride ourselves in building and maintaining successful, long-lasting client relationships.
About the Role
As the Head to the Customer Success team, you will be responsible for retaining and growing revenue by managing and leading a team responsible for maintaining and enhancing long term client relationships through day to day management, up selling/cross selling and retention/renewal of assigned accounts.
What You’ll Do
- Analyzes and elevates team performance by coaching, planning, monitoring, and appraising results of each Customer Success team member.
- Meets or exceeds sales quotas and performance objectives.
- Manages regional renewal pipeline on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Regularly sits in on client meetings with the Customer Success team to uncover growth and coaching opportunities
- Understand the competitive landscape to uncover new opportunities and to leverage Business Wire competitive strengths
- Works with senior management to devise and provide the necessary strategy, management, guidance and discipline to assist each Customer Success team member in meeting revenue targets and performance metrics as set by company.
- Participates in regular communications with senior management to explore and maximize revenue opportunities company wide.
- Successfully executes client contracts from negotiation to close in adherence to related company policies and procedures.
- Travels within region to observe assigned salespeople in-person to offer suggestions for skill development.
- Manages internal resources and teams and works collaboratively in a group setting to achieve shared results.
- Develops thorough knowledge of the industry, our products and services, as well as those of our competitors.
- Effectively communicates the value proposition and ROI of Business Wire products and services.
- Collaborates with internal resources to prepare scheduled and consistent programs to train and educate team.
What You’ll Need
- Proven track record of managing a sales team focused on maintaining client relationships and increasing revenue.
- Superior team management, coaching, people development, and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data in decision making process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Exceptional time management skills displaying ability to manage multiple tasks with strict attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with clients across an organizational hierarchy, including executive/C-level.
- Ambitious and target focused with a drive to succeed.
- Understanding and ability to communicate at a high level with professionals in investor relations, financial reporting, public relations, marketing, and corporate communications preferred.
- BA/BS degree, or international equivalent, preferred.
- 10+ years outside sales experience preferred.
- 5+ years sales management experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com
Business Wire will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.