CAPITOL STYLIST | JOB DESCRIPTION
Capitol, founded in Charlotte, North Carolina opened its second location in the Brentwood Country Mart, affectionately known as Capitol Brentwood in 2019. Originally founded in 1948, the Brentwood Country Mart is a beloved retail village located on the west side of Los Angeles that is known as a collection of the best stores in the world – the perfect new home for Capitol. Capitol Brentwood carries a unique edit of brands such as Dries Van Noten, The Vampire’s Wife, Roksanda, Alejandra Alonso Rojas, Olympia Le-Tan, and Hereu. Capitol Brentwood is in partnership with Irene Neuwirth – Brentwood houses the largest collection of her jewelry outside of Irene’s West Hollywood flagship.
As a stylist, you’re responsible for serving all Capitol guests, from walk ins to repeat clients. You’re their style expert and you know each brand we carry inside and out. Confidence and kindness are key. Your passion for the product is infectious and your clients feel your energy instantly. You genuinely want your clients to feel beautiful and confident. You live for meeting new people, making authentic connections, and helping them find that piece that brings them instant joy. You know that your ability to follow through and follow up in integral to your success. You desire to have a long-standing career in retail and servicing clients with retail luxury.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
As a full-time stylist for Capitol, you are responsible for:
- Servicing all Capitol guests by initiating interaction and greeting each client or potential client with a smile and warmth
- Consistently meeting sales target
- Maintaining knowledge of merchandise and upcoming events
- Takes ownership of inventory and visuals by maintaining a clean environment
- Support the Irene Neuwirth jewelry department by displaying fine jewelry and collaborating on cross-selling between the Irene Neuwirth Shop in Shop and Capitol
- Available during working hours – specific schedule to be determined:
- Monday – Friday: 9:45am to 6:15pm
- Saturdays: 9:30am – 6:30pm
- Sundays: 10:45am – 5:15pm
- 3-5 years of previous sales experience required, preferably in luxury retail.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
- Contributes to the positive team efforts of both the store and the company.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive individual, company and customer data without exception.
- Acts upon critical issues immediately within the position’s authority and/or asks for assistance/decision-making from management.
- Makes suggestions to improve daily store sales, operations and overall flow.
- Actively participates and present at all store events and trunk shows
- Communicates thoroughly and actively via Slack when in the store or out of the store to create a seamless sales process and cohesive team
- Attends monthly team meetings
- Clothing allowance
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage offered after 90 days of employment
- Executive leadership training through executive coach Sarah Olin. (Both one-one coaching and team sessions are provided to promote personal development and a positive culture)
- 401k with up to 3% matching by Capitol annually