Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, one of the nation’s premier healthcare institutions, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and excellence in education is conducting a nationwide search for a faculty-level Biostatistician.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for healthcare professionals. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Now, we’re looking for you to join us in continuing our mission.
As a Biostatistician faculty member, you are expected to be primarily involved in collaborative research with medical, basic science and population science investigators, have a strong interest in pursuing independent methodological research, and actively participate in our educational mission. Research opportunities for the incumbent are available within cancer, cardiology, neurology, and other areas.
The faculty candidate will be a full-time member of the Cedars-Sinai Biostatistics Core with faculty appointment in the Department of Computational Medicine (maybe insert paragraph on what this is). The Biostatistics Core is a shared institutional resource for biostatistical consulting and related methodological research. It is recognized as a critical component of the research infrastructure at Cedars-Sinai and serves as a focal point from which institute investigators may draw statistical expertise for planning, management and analysis of their studies. Members of the Biostatistics Core are engaged in methodological research in Bayesian adaptive designs and survival analysis, and are collaborating in several program projects, center and PCORI grants. For more information, please visit https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/research/cores/biostatistical-sciences.html.
- Ph.D. in biostatistics, statistics, bioinformatics or a related field
- Minimum three (3) years of related work experience preferred
- Established record of high-quality methodological and collaborative research, teaching
- Experience writing collaborative grants, commitment to methodological research and submitting methodological grants as Co-investigator, PI and/or MPI
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Interested candidates please submit the following at apply.interfolio.com/110320:
1. A curriculum vitae; 2. Cover letter; 3. Names of three references; 4. A diversity & inclusion statement describing your past contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion and your future plans for continuing these efforts (two pages or less) to Mourad Tighiouart, PhD at Cedars-Sinai Cancer.
Please direct any questions to Academic.Recruiting@cshs.org.
Working Title: Faculty-Level Biostatistician
Department: Computational BioMedicine
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Faculty
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$71,094.00 – $265,200.00