Located in Santa Clarita, CA
More Information about this Job:
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
Reports To: Field/Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment’s notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) responds to emergent and non-emergent requests for medical assistance and delivers high quality patient care, treatment, and customer service in the most expedient, professional, safe, caring, and cost effective manner possible within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and Company policies.
Various shift types available, overtime built into every shift configuration. Opportunities to work on a Critical Care Transport unit as well as multiple Special Events throughout Los Angeles County. Events include professional Baseball, Hockey, Football, Soccer and Basketball.
- Follows and maintains thorough familiarity with evolving medical treatment protocols, response requirements, quality assurance procedures, local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and other Company policies.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment and treatment.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered.
- Appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway equipment/airway bag, IV, splints, bandages, and medications in rendering proper emergency medical treatment of patients.
- Communicates effectively with empathy and compassion to interview patients, their family members, bystanders, other service agency members and facility staff.
- Experience: Must be at least 18 years of age; some prior work experience in a health care system preferred.
- Education: High school diploma or GED.
- Credentials/Licenses: Valid Driver’s License, State EMT certification and CPR/BLS certifications. Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
Covid Note : Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.