eCommerce Technical Writer
The main responsibility of our Technical Writer will be to produce clear and compelling product / category descriptions. They will work very closely with the marketing team to understand the target audience and create copy that speaks to them, highlighting the features and benefits of products in a way that encourages a purchase decision.
The ideal candidate must be fully proficient in MS Excel, have strong writing skills and a basic understanding of Ecommerce / Digital Marketing and SEO and a flexible attitude to shift gears depending on our business needs.
Although this role is technical in nature, the proper candidate may also receive training in order to create some content for email campaigns, social media and other digital marketing channels
- Craft engaging product names, on-brand product descriptions, and SEO-focused copy for the brand’s website and omnichannel
- Write consistent, on-brand product copy, including product names, narrative copy, and bulleted features, aligning with brand guidelines
- Create SEO-focused product descriptions, names and seasonal bottom-of-page copy
- Support with listing audits in multiple channels including Walmart, Amazon, Shopify, etc.
- Other responsibilities may include researching products and competitors and collaborating with other members of the marketing team to develop effective content strategies
- Develop creative messaging strategies for various product categories and of different voices for different audiences
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and as a team
- Follow-up weekly with the manager to discuss workflow status, KPI and deadline
- Assist on other projects as needed
- 1 year of experience in a similar role is desirable
- Proficiency in MS Excel is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or similar
- Strong interest and/or experience in eCommerce and the Apparel/Fashion Industry
- Possess strong written skills. Exceptional grammar and vocabulary are essential!
- Ability to perform under pressure and handling competing priorities
- Good knowledge of the Internet, SEO, MS Office and Google docs
This role is an in-office position based in Los Angeles, CA. We have great medical and dental benefits, a profit-sharing retirement plan, a company gym and an overall amazing office environment.