We have an immediate opening for a Development and Outreach Coordinator. Please feel free to forward to your networks!
TO APPLY: Email resume, cover letter (describes specific fundraising efforts you’ve been apart of, your role, and amount of funds raised for project), and 2 samples of grant proposals (exclusively written by yourself)
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with subject line: Development and Outreach Coordinator and your name
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST 2 YEARS OF FUNDRAISING/DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE
The Center is seeking a full-time Development and Outreach Coordinator to raise funds for or secure donations of items used in our work including major litigation, social justice advocacy campaigns, and projects such as our tents-4-homeless project. The Development and Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for a range of tasks including:
- Compiling and developing materials needed for funding proposals.
- Develop and maintain media and donor contact lists.
- Develop strategies to encourage individual donors.
- Recruit sponsors, participants, and volunteers for fundraising events.
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
- Write and submit proposals to fund major legal cases and social justice advocacy campaigns
- Recruit, engage, train, and direct volunteers for participation in fundraising campaigns
- Build powerful partnerships externally and internally
- Coordinate digital and social media marketing and fundraising campaigns, including copy-writing, content creation, design, and execution.
- Support the creation of donation pages and updates for ongoing digital fundraising campaigns.
- Identify and network with key donors and volunteers
- Work collaboratively with volunteers and donors as well as internal staff to broaden the volunteer network and increase mission impact and campaign income
- Manage event logistics – digitally and in-person
The Center for Human Rights & Constitutional Law is a non profit, public interest law office dedicated to furthering the legal, civil, and human rights of immigrants, refugees, children, prisoners, and the poor. Our work is described at www.centrerforhumanrights.org
We have expertise in complex and class action litigation and in constitutional law. A partial list of the Center’s major litigation includes Plyler v. Doe , 457 U.S. 202 (1982) (challenge to state statute excluding undocumented children from public elementary schools); Reno v. Catholic Social Services , 509 U.S. 43 (1993) (national class action for persons unlawfully denied legalization under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986); Reno v. Flores , 507 U.S. 292 (1993) (national class action on behalf of children denied release pending the outcome of deportation proceedings); League of United Latin American Citizens v. Wilson , 131 F.3d 1297 (9th Cir. 1997) (state-wide class action challenging constitutionality of state proposition denying health care, social services and education to suspected undocumented immigrants); and Perez-Olano v. Gonzalez , 248 F.R.D. 248 (C.D. Cal. 2008) (nationwide class action enjoining policies and practices blocking abused, abandoned, and neglected immigrant children’s access to protective services and lawful permanent residence).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Exceptional research, writing, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues.
- 2+ years of experience in fundraising/development
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze number goals
- Ability to use social media and other digital channels
START DATE: Position immediately available.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary $45,000-55,000/year, medical, dental, and paid vacations. We offer a base salary with the potential to earn an incentive up to 30% of your base pay based on achieving certain revenue targets
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
This position is currently remote but might require the employee to go into the office if needed to successfully complete the task at hand.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90057: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Fundraising: 2 years (Required)
- Proposal writing: 2 years (Required)
- Public relations: 2 years (Required)
- Social media marketing: 2 years (Preferred)