DESIGN ASSOCIATE (DESIGN) | PALISOCIETY
Palisociety is currently seeking a Design Associate to join our design & development department on exciting new projects in the pipeline and assist with maintaining operating properties design standards.
The ideal candidate has a successful track record of managing all phases of the design process, from concept development to FF&E procurement. This position will have overall project responsibility and oversight in the realm of design and FF&E. Individual will work under the direction of Palisociety’s Founder/CEO/Creative Director, the Principal of Real Estate + Development, the Design Director, and the Vice President of Hotel Operations. Experience in hospitality design is highly preferred.
As the Design Associate, this role has critical responsibility:
- This candidate has an exemplary foundation and understanding of what it takes to move from concept to FF&E procurement, given explicit understanding of deadlines, budgets, and time constraints.
- This candidate is a team player who is fluent in organization and accountability, with professionalism and design savvy.
- The ideal candidate can take initiative without requiring constant supervision, be creative, articulate, and a motivated self-starter. We are looking for someone who can support our growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Palisociety will only consider applicants that submit a cover letter, professional resume, and work samples. Candidates
who do not provide work samples and do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that aim to enhance the lives of our guests and our communities by creating one-of-a-kind, neighborhood-centric places filled with interesting people and friendly staff providing trusty service. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when traveling – and seek to bring that inspiration into everything we do…
Palisociety is a fully integrated hospitality company that acquires, designs, develops, owns and operates unique hotels and residences across the country under four distinct monikers: Palihouse, Palihotel, Le Petit Pali, ARRIVE by Palisociety and a collection of independently branded properties. The company’s proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Palisociety properties have been featured on Condé Nast Traveler’ Hot List, Travel + Leisure IT List, and more, with accolades from the New York Times, Architectural Digest, Wallpaper* and countless others. Avi Brosh founded Palisociety in 1998 in Los Angeles. For more information, visit www.palisociety.com
TASK AT HAND:
- Be an integral part of a growing design team to include all interior and technical design creation for Company projects;
- Bridge creative direction with interior design, operations, brand strategies and budgeting;
- Assist in the design and procurement of all FF&E (and OS&E, as applicable) for Company projects;
- Assist in creating interior design drawings and finish and FF&E specification books, as applicable;
- Coordinate materials sourcing and finish specification selection;
- Implement our filing & purchasing protocol for FF&E procurement and documentation with strict regulation and attention to detail;
- Contact vendors/suppliers for all aspects of ordering materials or services: acquiring pricing, lead times, production scheduling, deliveries, and all other pertinent logistics to bring projects to fruition – all of these items are done with appropriate documentation and reporting;
- Research and reference appropriate construction/design documents in order to accurately carry out design tasks;
- Create design matrix documents to communicate project scopes internally and to Company partners;
- Assist with the creation and implementation of design budgets and continual management and monitoring of project budgets
- Assist in installation of all FF&E, OS&E and finish materials as applicable for Company projects;
- Maintain digital purchase binders, project binders, and specification binders per project, as applicable;
- Assist with the creation of presentation materials, design concept & inspirational boards as needed;
- Develop and maintain a materials and finish reference library;
- Ability to handle requests, tasks, and time lines with tact, grace and style
- Ability to travel for project related purposes, as needed;
- Perform other design related duties and special projects, as assigned;
- Keep abreast of new hospitality industry trends that may influence design schemes.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Administrative prowess.
- Proven experience in working on multiple projects at once.
- Strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
- Strong attention to detail and results-orientation.
- Excellent written, verbal and management communication skills.
- Ability to handle challenging situations, tasks and time lines with tact, grace and style.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other co-workers, departments, and business units.
- Motivated to generate results.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time up to four (4) hours.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- A competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan (future you will love this one!)
- Paid time off, holiday pay, and sick pay when you’re under the weather.
- Career advancement in an organization committed to helping star employees thrive. There’s also an opportunity to expand your career trajectory as we are a fast-growing company with hotels and restaurants in multiple cities.
- Professional development that sets you up for success across multiple hospitality career paths.
- A collaborative work environment where your creative ideas can come to fruition.
- Amazing employee discounts on hotels and dining across our entire portfolio (18 hotels and more to come!)
- A flexible work environment. Some days you might work from home and on others, you’ll be on-site at the hotels and restaurants capturing content and working side-by-side with the team!
- The chance to be featured across our social media channels. Hand models are always welcome.
- Food and drink tastings. You’ve got to know the product to effectively highlight it, after all.
- Travel and occasional overnight stays at our lovely hotels.
- Get-togethers with the marketing team after shoots or to talk about social trends!
- Hands-on training with a nimble team that loves to prepare, so shoots and content visits are fun and productive.
Palisociety is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Palisociety does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
For information on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”), and other California privacy laws, please go to the Palisociety Careers page at www.palisociety.com and www.arrivehotels.com, to view the notice.
We are an E-Verify Employer/Somos un empleador de E-Verify.
- 3+ years of related experience, including demonstrated success as an organized and professional interior designer.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Design Suite.
- Proficiency in design communication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; must be able to work with formulas in spreadsheets.
MORE ABOUT US:
Palisociety is a fully integrated hospitality company that develops and operates unique hotels and residences across the country. In addition to our independent collection of hotels, we also operate Palihouses, Palihotels, and ARRIVE by Palisociety. We strive to delight and inspire our guests and local community by creating one-of-a-kind neighborhood-centric places filled with interesting people, friendly staff, and trusty service.
We’re a family business founded in Los Angeles by CEO Avi Brosh in 1998. As we continue to grow and develop new hotels and restaurants, we’re always looking for spirited, hardworking, passionate people that can join our team and grow with us!
For more information, visit www.palisociety.com or follow @palisociety
For more information, visit lepetitpali.com or follow @lepetitpali
For more information, visit www.arrivehotels.com or follow @arrivehotels
We are an E-Verify Employer/ Somos un empleador de E-Verify