Apex Tool Group is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
– Dayton, OHJob DescriptionUnder general supervision the CNC Machinist performs essential duties to ensure that parts are machined to the specifications detailed on the engineering prints and other related documents.
Candidates may also work closely with the Engineering Team to provide in-process trouble shooting and evaluate the quality of the machined components or finished product.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesFollow all safety procedures and always wear the proper PPE.Review material specifications to determine proper setup procedure, machining sequence and dimensions.
Choosing correct program according to blueprint.Reads complex blueprints, bill of material and other specifications to determine product requirements.Selects correct fixtures, part holding and tooling requirements to machine parts according to Engineering blueprint.Verifies conformance of finished work to blueprint specifications, using measuring and inspecting tools as necessary.Can identify workmanship and material defects and deficiencies and initiates program changes or edits when required.Performs other related duties as required.Position will require overtime, weekend and holidays, as needed.Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesAdept at reading and understanding blueprintsBasic math and computing knowledge.Minimum 2 years experience setting up or operating CNC equipment.Demonstrates an understanding of machine programming.Can perform minor edits to programs Ability to meet production requirements and follow a production schedule as needed.At Apex Tool Group (www.apextoolgroup.com), we build innovation.
Each day, our associatesstrive to find new and exciting ways to help our customers solve their mostcomplex challenges.
By harnessing our global resources, unprecedented insightsand spirit for service, we build more than just tools for the jobsite
– we helpbuild the future.ATG is a global manufacturer of hand and power tools, tool storage and accessories, chain, and electronic soldering solutions with more than $1.2 billion in annual revenues.
Our 6,700 associates around the world have built powerhouse brands like GEARWRENCH, SATA, Crescent, Cleco, Weller and APEX.
Our brands are trusted by the professional trades and DIY enthusiasts alike.
With our roots dating back to the 1800’s, our tools have driven technological advancements that drive efficiency, speed and safety for customers in a broad range of commercial and consumer markets.
As part of the ATG team, you will move fast, think globally, learn from your colleagues and grow your career.
You’ll enjoy competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance and have opportunities to give back to the communities we serve.Our six core values
– Customers Come First, Integrity in All We Do, Continuous Improvement, Innovation for Growth, Passion to Succeed and Best Talent, One Team
– drive our daily decisions.
Connect with us on social media to learn more
– Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.If your goal is to work where finding a better way never ends and your ideas become reality, join us and say WeBuildATG