Our client, a leading manufacturer of transparency articles for military, commercial, general aviation, regional, and specialty products, is seeking a Chemical Engineer in their Sylmar, CA location. You’ll contribute to the design, development, and implementation of optical systems for aerospace applications. You’ll also be responsible for scoping existing or under-development optical systems and creating test and measurement systems for successful state-of-the-art aircraft transparency design.
Job Title: Chemical Engineer II
Location: Sylmar, CA
Pay: Up to $49.00/hr.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
About the Role:
- Drive research and development initiatives aimed at enhancing aerospace transparency systems, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Contribute to the advancement of optical systems for diverse applications including imaging, sensing, communication, and navigation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with tooling, mechanical engineers, material scientists, and manufacturing specialists to integrate design and process improvements.
- Conduct optical simulation, modeling, and testing to validate and optimize optical system performance across varying operational conditions.
- Identify and resolve optical issues, such as distortion, lensing, and light deviation, to optimize the transparency element’s optical visibility.
- Optics engineering degree, with a preference for candidates holding a doctorate degree, and a strong familiarity with ray tracing software.
- Proficiency and hands-on experience in optical simulation software, particularly Zemax (Ansys) or Fred.
- Application of techniques and tools including computer simulation through ray-tracing software, utilization of 3D laser scanning, and expertise in image processing.
- Demonstrated ability in systematic data collection and analysis for method development and evaluation of optical systems.
Why Work for Us
Here at Manpower Engineering, we care about people and the role of work in their lives. We respect people as individuals, trusting them, supporting them, and enabling them to achieve their aims in work and in life. We have been recognized in multiple ways for our ability to do this successfully.
If you are interested in working with us and learning more about this opportunity, click the apply button now and start the path of a new adventure.