The Certified Nursing Assistant aids professional and technical nursing personnel primarily by accomplishing a variety of duties and procedures which are directly related to patient care. Primary duties include taking and recording vital signs, assisting patients with hygiene and elimination, ensuring the safety of the patient, and maintaining a clean and safe unit environment. Assists with stocking unit supplies, operating hospital equipment as directed, performing routine clerical tasks, and assisting with other related duties as assigned.
Southern California Hospital at Hollywood is a 100-bed acute care facility and 24/7 urgent care with a mission and vision to provide compassionate healthcare accessible to everyone. Southern California Hospital at Hollywood provides comprehensive, high-quality medical care. As an acute care facility, we have physicians and specialists on staff for the following: cardiology, pulmonology, internal medicine, psychiatry, orthopedics, hematology, endocrinology, podiatry, cardiothoracic vascular surgery, urology, plastic surgery, and more.
- Accurately measures and records patient weights and vital signs. Recognizes and reports changes in the patient’s condition, takes appropriate action and accurately documents all activities as required. Receives and accurately inventories and secures patient belongings as appropriate
- Assists patient with hygiene, elimination, routine skin care, comfort measures and other Activities of Daily Living (ADL), in consideration of patient age, gender, culture and stated preferences, maintaining patient privacy and respect at all times. Assumes responsibility for maintaining a clean & safe environment. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Assists with patient care activities as directed by licensed nurse, including specimen collection/transport, turning & positioning, and patient transportation.
- Actively engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes a proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful actions regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Demonstrated prior patient care experience
- Certification as a Nurse Assistant (CNA) in the state of CA
- AHA Basic Life Support
- Understanding of basic medical terminology
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job
- Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only)
- Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families