Cedars-Sinai is calling all New Graduate Registered Nurses!
There’s no better time to start your nursing career than now!
Cedars-Sinai has a tradition of perfection in nursing, and we are going to share this with the next generation of nurses. Joining our program for new nurses will expose you to a range of clinical experiences on medical and surgical units. Our comprehensive specialty curriculum includes online and classroom-based learning, clinical simulation, skills development, and unit orientation with specialty trained preceptors. The program is crafted to support our resident’s professional development through their first year of practice.
**Virtual Interviews will be held on Wednesday, March 29 and Thursday, March 30, 2023**
**The New Grad RN Residency Cohort is scheduled to start on Monday, May 22, 2023**
**Rate of Pay: BSN $47.50/hr, MSN $49.00/hr**
**Shift Differential: $5/hr weekend days, $7/hr weekday nights (Mon – Thur), and $9/hr weekend nights (Fri – Sun)**
What you will do in this position:
Work with a preceptor and assume growing responsibility during the residency. Demonstrate proficiencies in populations served at the completion of residency. Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient’s care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes. Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights and beliefs of those we serve. Foster a learning environment for patients/families, nursing and other members of the healthcare team including students. Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety. Identify and correct problems. Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates, and disseminates research and evidence-based practice. Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
A complete application will include:
- Resume (include information on clinical rotation (Facility, Unit, Hours).
- Personal Statement Letter – why you selected nursing as a profession, what being a nurse means to you and what you will bring to the profession of nursing at Cedars-Sinai. This is your opportunity to help us get to know you beyond what is on your resume. The personal statement should not exceed two pages.
- Transcripts (official/unofficial)
- In preparation for an interview invite, we encourage you to collect two Letters of Recommendation.
**Please be advised – We can only consider applications that have all the above included. If your application is incomplete, we will not consider it.**
Requirements to qualify for the New Grad RN Residency Program:
- Education: Graduate from a state accredited nursing program (CCNE or ACS WASC) within the last 12 months*; BSN/MSN with a 3.0 nursing GPA or above by the application date.
- Licensure: Valid California State Registered Nurse license by the application date. Must have an active CA RN license by ***March 6, 2023***
- Certification: Current and active life support certification for healthcare providers (BLS and/or ACLS) as required by the specialty unit from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
- Experience: You have less than nine months paid registered nurse experience by the application date.
Working Title: Cedars-Sinai – New Grad RN Residency Program – Spring 2023 Cohort
Department: Nsg Institute
Business Entity: Nursing
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Base Pay:$46.00 – $49.00