The Banquet Houseman is responsible for effectively and efficiently performing pre-event, throughout event and post-event duties to deliver and achieve superb event execution for clients.
The position requires a basic understanding of event setup and good communication skills and a desire to consistently deliver excellent customer service. Additionally, the Houseman must enjoy performing of variety of duties while maintaining a professional, fun and friendly attitude while working.
- Performing event set-up according to desired event floorplan & securing event equipment & peripherals required for events as stated on Equipment Pull Form(s)
- Ensuring cleanliness and count accuracy, prior to departing for event location
- Making logical equipment substitution/replacement selections, when needed, and noting
- Ensuring rented equipment is ready and accurate for schedule events
- Loading and unloading equipment and other items as needed and stated on Banquet Event Order(s)
- Performing services during event as needed, including barback and any other assigned event execution
- Performing event breakdown duties to include breaking down, loading, accounting for, returning and storing equipment to warehouse and rented equipment appropriately
- Maintaining a congenial and cooperative attitude toward member, guests & fellow colleagues throughout events
- Performing light repair and maintenance, cleaning and side work, as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software necessary to create and maintain reports and logs.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout facilities.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to bend, lift, stretch, climb, and crawl to maintain equipment and buildings.
- Must be able to perform work in a variety of weather conditions.
The Gathering Spot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR