We are seeking a Master Heavy Duty Mechanic who will perform all needed maintenance and repairs on all fleet vehicles. The Mechanic is required to perform all other duties as required and needed. Experience working with Gillig, BYD and El Dorado preferred.
- Excellent pay rate
- 40 hours a week, not flat rate
- OT as needed over 40 hours
- Paid vacation
- Company provided uniform
- 401K plan available
- Benefits: Medical, Vision and Dental
- Corporate partner discount program
- Ability to advance through a national company
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and repairs.
- Assist and repair Drivers concerns on vehicles.
- Air Conditioning diagnosis and repair.
- To perform electrical diagnosis and repairs.
- Perform diagnosis, service and repairs on heating and air conditioning systems.
- Perform fluid and filter changes on Engine, Transmission, Differential, Cooling system, etc.
- Perform vehicle computer diagnostics, using computer scanners and digital volt ohm meters.
- Perform major engine components diagnosis and replacement, i.e. cylinder head, exhaust manifold, intake manifold, cam shafts etc.
- Write repair orders legibly with detailed repair information.
- El Dorado, BYD and Gillig heavy duty equipment experience a must.
- Must display initiative, professionalism, candor and tact .
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform with minimal to no supervision.
- This position is considered safety sensitive.
- The Technician must become ASE Certified in the approved eight category(s), requirement to obtain ASE certification(s) including H1.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years verifiable hands-on shop experience.
- Automotive diagnostic experience a must.
- Must have own tools for this class of Technician.
- Experience with Electric and CNG fuel systems.
- Able to lift 70 pounds.
- Can work varied schedule: days, evenings and/or weekends.
Starting Pay Range: $35/hour to $37/hour
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Diesel Tech; Jiffy Lube; Bumper to Bumper; Cummins; ASE; ASE Master; Diesel Vehicle Mechanic; Lead Mechanic; Freightliner; Heavy Equipment Mechanic; Diesel Lead; Automotive Mechanic; Auto Mechanic; Tech 1; Tech 2; Tech 3; Master Mechanic; Heavy Mechanic; Diesel Mechanic; Mechanical Knowledge; 91b; Engine Man; 2t3; Vehicle Maintenance; Auto Repair