Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)/Licensed Psych Technician (LPT) BHU – Full Time, Nights (Van Nuys)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Psych Tech is responsible for providing patient care to individuals with physical, behavioral and/or emotional conditions in an assigned psychiatry unit, by carrying out individualized treatment plans that have been established for each patient. Administers oral and injectable medications. Will monitor patients’ physical and emotional well-being and report to registered nurse and medical staff. Will participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs and assist with personal hygiene. Develops and leads individual and group educational sessions as part of specific therapeutic goals. Encourages patients to participate in social, recreational, and other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills and develop social relationships. Conducts effective patient/family teaching.
- Under RN supervision, provides care to patients in a behavioral health crisis and/or medical patients, including assistance with personal hygiene, medical health crisis, medication administration, and maintaining a safe and clean environment. Takes and records measures of patient’s general physical condition, vitals, etc. Performs specimen collection. Administers patient treatments or procedures in a safe, effective and age appropriate manner, and in compliance with all policies/regulations. Accurately evaluates and documents the patient/family response to care.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team to develop treatment plans and objectives for patients. Will appropriately document, intervene, advocate and evaluate patients and appropriately maintain patient records/charts/documents in an accurate and thorough manner. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Observes patients physical condition and behavior, including one-on-one observation for at-risk patients. Recognizes adverse psychological reactions to care and reports significant changes. Provides proactive interventions and therapeutic communication.
- Restrains violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients by verbal, and physical means as required and in accordance with established policy.
- Conducts effective patient & family teaching in a timely manner and provides appropriate resources. Documents education in accordance with established procedures.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an Accredited School of Vocational Nursing or Psychiatric Tech required.
Minimum Experience: Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Recent behavioral health experience in an Acute Psychiatric setting preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current Licensure as a Vocational Nurse or Psychiatric Tech in the State of California required. AHA Basic Life Support required. Current Management of Assaultive Behavior Certification required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. De-escalation certification upon hire; Upon recertification, SAMA Certification required. SAMA Certification upon hire preferred.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: LPT, Psych , BHU, Behavioral Health, Nursing, LVN
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work Schedule: Variable
Address: Van Nuys – 14433 Emelita Street – Van Nuys, California 91401
Reasonably expect to pay:
Min: $ Max: $
Union Pay Info: https://www.pmh.com/schvnunion-8hr (If Union Position – Please Click link to see Union Pay information)